#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

I think a lot had high expectations on Joe early but I don’t think many could honestly believe how good he could be and how fast he’s done it.

Imagine if he was at a club that had a dominant midfield.

He’s taken some great marks to date, and given he likes to back himself and go for the big one he is going to take a ridiculously amazing grab one day.

1 Like

I just like how many of Joe’s goals are not the stock standard lead mark goal. Makes diamonds our of absolute ■■■■ from the midfield.

I agree.

Which is why I don’t mind so much when he’s up the ground rucking or just generally roaming around.

He’s a thourobred. He needs space to run around.

Interestingly Joe and Buddy currently have almost exactly the same conversion rate. 58.25% of shots which register a score are goals.

I think joe has shown enough now to suggest he will improve on his current conversion rate which Buddy probably can’t.

Joe looked very confident lining up for goal in the second half of the year.

Plausible

DANIHER CAN BECOME THE GAME’S BEST SAYS KING
BY SEN 19/43/2018

SEN footy analyst David King has anointed Essendon spearhead Joe Daniher as the next superstar forward, declaring he has the potential to become the game’s best player by the end of 2018.

The 23-year-old kicked a career best 65 goals last season, easily surpassing his 43 in 2016, and with the Bombers again expected to play a fast flowing brand of football he is likely to get plenty of opportunities to again boot a major haul.

The two-time premiership player says his ability to conjure goals from any situation sets him apart from most.

"I think Joe Daniher could be the best player in the comp at the end of the season and that’s as a unique forward. I think he’ll go past Buddy Franklin this year as the number one forward,” King said on Whateley.

“He kicks goals off the ground. He’s a wonderful crumbing player, he can kick goals from 60 metres out, a little bit like what Franklin did in his infancy. You just see this rare talent that can do different things.”

“Nobody enjoys their football more than Joe. If they get their offence rolling he will be the pea in the pod at the end of it all.

“Joe could have an outstanding year.”

With Orazio Fantasia to miss the early rounds due to knee surgery, it will place further load on Daniher, with the South Australian having kicked 39 and 29 goals over the past two seasons.

"The player they’re going to miss is Orazio Fantasia. He’s a gun. A super talent in the AFL program,” King said. Essendon begins its 2018 campaign on Friday night against Adelaide at Etihad Stadium.

4 Likes

The best thing about Joe is he loves the big stage. Has performed well in a final and obviously has the Anzac medal and other big time performances.

1 Like

What’s happening in King’s head regarding Essendon is what happens in my head every year.

The problem has generally been sorted by a large dose of reality by about mid-season.

It would be nice if this year was different.

10 Likes

#Twatleytweetsthetwooth

I give that a LIKE just for including the finger twirl photo.

Ah, you want one of those years when reality is dispensed by round 4!

I recognise that my post left this possibility open… but it took a particularly dark soul to see it in that light.

Well done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have dreams of Essendon lifting 17 on the dias

Merret winning the Norm Smith

Heppel being a Heppel yelling “YOU BLODDY RIPPER” and “GOOD ON YA KNACKERS”

1 Like

I have a dream of simply not getting flogged in a final.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Beaten to it

Few good things but too much lairising for mine. Needs to play the percentages more and actually look for team mates who in better position fwd than him.

The miss from 50, followed by free kick to Talia when Hooker had marked close in, followed by another miss another from 45 with McKenna streaming past next to him was farking annoying. All in the space of about 5mins it seemed when we could have put a gap on them.

Also over cooking the shot clock, FFS

Thankfully Hooker and Stewart stepped up this time. Hopefully he has that one of his system now.

5 Likes

Needs a cold bucket of water thrown at him.

2 Likes

He is meant to be a smart bloke, so hopefully he learns a lesson from that garbage and turns up next werk with his head screwed on.