#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

that was… not good. Massive brain fade indeed.
Not a concern as we know what he can do. Needs to sharpen himself up at training.

Hopefully that’s his worst game for the season.

1 Like

I think people need to realise Joe doesn’t really think about, he just does it. Doubt he’ll ever change much.

1 Like

Given his demeanour, you are right, Joey will always be Joey. For the countdown clock, he just needs to make sure he’s not pushing it too fine and then rushes his shot.

1 Like

Which is funny because he’s usually a better shot when he’s in a hurry.

2 Likes

Maybe we should send Joe back…

3 Likes

ha - I know.
There is hurry and then there’s “WTF is everyone running at me and carrying on while I’m taking my shot” kinda hurry.

2 Likes

Reckon he’s getting sucked into his own hype. Looked like a bloke just thinking it’ll all happen. Needs to work a little harder in the next few weeks

5 Likes

daniher was providing an option up the ground even late into the match… not sure how that equates to not working hard… could have had 4 goals really, effort is an issue at this point in time.

Gotta stop the hollywood ■■■■, I counted 4 absolute brain fades in the last half that he does all the time. Needs to erradicate that ■■■■ out of his game and play the percentages.

That missed look away handball on the wing very nearly cost is the game. He still should have kicked 5 with his eyes closed though

5 Likes

You don’t mind him enjoying his footy, or being a larrikin, or a clown.

But you always expect him to continue to work on improving himself.

He will have quite a bit of footage to watch this week. I suspect, much like the game last year where he kicked 6 behinds or whatever, that we shall see great improvement in week 2.

1 Like

Spot on Sam.
There is enjoying your footy, then there is smiling when you have just fluffed another shot on goal at a crucial time.

Boy needs to become a fken man.
Elite level footy.Big money.Crucial player.Great ability.

Get serious Joey.

Didn’t Joe have an intrupped pre season?

A bad JoeDan game is 2 goals lel

He’s cruising into this season at his own pace give him a break, he’ll be prime for anzac day to for his second medal

2 Likes

Him and Stweart to kick 10 between them

Whatever works for a player to play their best. If Goddard wants to yell and scream and point, that’s fine. If Smith wants to shove every player he goes past, that’s fine. If Hooker wants to beat his chest like a fkn ape every time he scores a goal, that’s fine. If Joe wants to shake hands with his opponent and have a laugh when he misses a kick, that’s fine.

5 Likes

He just doesn’t look himself at the moment and he hasn’t all preseason. Either he’s carrying an injury or something’s playing on his mind? Dare I say it, he’s almost showing signs of depression or a level of being depressed, i.e. lethargy / apathy ‘cause when he stuffed up (and there were a few instances on Friday) there was no sign of emotion, almost like he didn’t care. He doesn’t seem engaged. He’s just going through the motions. He looks unhappy. He’s just not himself (not sure if I’m reading too much into his body language?).

I think you are running an interesting fiction there.

9 Likes

What…the… hell… were… you… watching?