#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Again, I don’t even know ignoring him playing with it made it worse.
It might not have.
#notadoctor

1 Like

We should just listen to the Blitz experts.
I’m confident if I follow the extensive medical expertise that is available on here, i’m going to live to be about 120

2 Likes

The medical staff knew, and both they, and Joe. decided to try and manage it through. The moment it got worse, and we were a slim chance of making finals… they pulled the pin. The end. No one to blame, it is what it is.

6 Likes

What are your symptoms?

since (and I quote from the internets) The pain is often related to exercise, and is frequently made worse by certain activities, such as running, pivoting or kicking across the body.

I’d say playing didn’t help it improve. And a fair chance it could have made it worse.

But of course none of us were there during those weeks as Joey, the medical staff, coaches and associated others chattered and prodded about Joey’s groin. In the end he has OP and it is taking a good amount of time to recover, but he is making progress.

amen

2 Likes

Concur.
But was he going to have to take a year off for treatment at some point anyway?

I’m not anti-club trainers here.
I’m very friggin’ much anti-anti-Joe.

1 Like

Here’s Dan discussing it a little. Being very careful with his words but i think it sounds positive. And sounds good re Zach too.

The club was aware of his groin issue last pre season and continued to play him to the point he could not play anymore. He was embarrassing for 6 rounds, he was nowhere near fit, we could all see it, and we kept pushing him up, including 3 games in 10 days. For someone with a groin issue, is that ideal? Joe needed to put his hand up too. Not once he was cooked

Last season’s management of him was nothing short of terrible from all parties

9 Likes

Blame game pointless.
As long as (not, whatever) it takes
Temper expectations
He’s back when he’s back
Unless, he’s irreversibly stuffed (unlikely)

2 Likes

Agree Wim. I believe the club knew he was sore but it’s assessing the severity of it that I’d be questioning. Joe is but one example last year, see Colyer & Fantasia for example. Colyer’s foot problem was known early in pre season & yet surgery (hence his recovery) was delayed and IMO, his season ruined. Fantasia’s knee problem was known before Christmas yet they waited until mid-late January to send him for surgery, then we rushed him back and the soft tissue problems came up and we know how his season ended up. Don’t forget the original forecast for joe was a tentative four weeks. I don’t think anyone who saw the way joe was moving & playing thought that was realistic so were these things a misread of diagnosis or recovery?

1 Like

Oh how I wish there was a club medico with all the info able to come on here and do an AMA (ask me anything). Just about all of these 'questionings have been made for a year now.

2 Likes

It’s working out fine for Noonan.

6 Likes

AN10 doesn’t look a day over 110.

1 Like

You say that like they need permission.

Of course they need permission.

let’s do this whole thing again! xoxo

1 Like

Yesterday the AFL website led with an article from 2008.
I see the last 30 or so posts in the Joey thread and I’m not sure if it’s last September, last August, or last May.
Are the Blitz servers set on random shuffle?

Really?
About something that happened twelve months ago?
Why?
Patient confidentiality?
Newsflash, we know he has OP.

Edit: In fact, if things are as you say, it’s irresponsible not to make it public.
If what you say is true, a superstar’s attitude cost him perhaps a prime year of his career.

“If what you say is true”

I’m taking that to mean what I said - that a medico from the club would need permission to come on here and do a ‘AMA’ (ask me anything).
This is pretty obvious to me, Joey existing, or Joey not existing.

1 Like

I wasn’t actually asking for or expecting that.
I can see how I gave that impression, but no.

No-one needs an AMA.
But for you and BSD to post on here that Joe is 100% responsible for his condition and the poor medicos have been duped is, in my opinion, pretty…pretty farked.

I find it beyond belief that it could be true, but if it is true then they have a responsibility to say so.
So it doesn’t happen to the next friggin’ Coleman Medalist.