#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

I will take bets that Joe will not play in thr vfl

1 Like

I didn’t say they would. Just that it wouldn’t be the end of the world if they did. And i’m sure he’s not too much of a diva to do it.

Still believing that it’s all rainbows and waterfalls old mate?

1 Like

From what I was told last night, he will be lucky to play a game in the first half of the season.

1 Like

If he misses the first 3 rounds of the season, I would absolutely play him back through the VFL.

An unfit Joe Daniher is a liability. A bit of match fitness would do him good. And given how slowly they are ramping him up, it is another slow step in that process.

3 Likes

What’s the reasoning behind that? Do they want a proper full 3 month preseason into him?

Dont know the full extent atm, but it was from one of his family members

1 Like

I wonder if there is any similarities to his brothers condition.

He retired at 21.

Not going to melt down, but I’m definitely frustrated at this.

From drafting to 24 yo, it was all patience, talls take longer etc, etc.

Now his 24-26 yo output is quickly going down the toilet which is the peak years for a tall.

He shouldn’t be in this situation.

1 Like

I can’t recall who it was but somebody on here suggested that Justin Crow’s position was under scrutiny last year and was on the verge of being sacked.

now, I actually think our injury management has actually improved from the bad old days of only a few years back where it felt like we were losing 3 players every week but maybe they are none to happy about a few players in particular.

1 Like

no chance in hell. everybody was singing his praises and saying he could do no wrong before last year. if you take daniher out of the injury list, no one would be saying anything

3 Likes

It’s the same condition. I’m not sure if the fact his brother had it so severely means Joey is more susceptible but that thought scares the hell out of me.

1 Like

I vaguely recall @fogdog saying something along those lines. Could be wrong though

2 Likes

It wasn’t me that suggested. I read it on here.

I am a fan of Crow.

It’s a huge shame.
I wonder if taller people are more severely affected by OP.

Or longer?

1 Like

this whole situation scares the crap out of me.

Has there been many big guys that have had it?

From memory it was mainly the running mids that got it.

I’m not sure. Obviously, Darcy had it. And I’m certain that there are many many more playing right now that are not publicised. We have a couple on our team.

1 Like

“Specific guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of osteitis pubis do not exist as yet”

https://europepmc.org/abstract/med/29421823 (I can access the full article if anyone is inerested)

I think everyone may be a little harsh on our medical team…

2 Likes