#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

It would be pretty silly to do sudden start/stop at this stage. They would be in the mode of trying to build his aerobic fitness without putting too much stress on his groin at this stage.
Most likely they will continue in that mode, with minimal load on his groin, until he is ready to play, and then, most likely, he will try short stints of turning, kicking and pushing off, hoping and waiting to see how his groin reacts.
It is likely to be a slow tentative process, as it has been so far.
At any point, if he gets soreness, they will have to back off, and, at that point, it will be decision time - go back to slow strengthening and build all over again, with the hope of getting to somewhere near full fitness to play, or rest again.

1 Like

Urlee Onsette M8

I can’t wait to see how my groin reacts when Joey is back on the park kicking goals.

5 Likes

I don’t wish to see that.

The first part that is… the second bit would be great.

1 Like

I reckon his will be similar to Joe’s.
Severely pulled.

4 Likes

I think the correct term you may be looking for is ■■■■■■■ idiot. Or the person who told him that, is.

Early onset?

Joe the Mo update. GWS mate just sent a selfie him and Joe on a Sydney flight today. Asked him if he would be ready to face them round one and he said yes he will.

I know a lot of you don’t trust Joe himself as a source but make of that what you will.

23 Likes

Joey is fine to go

He has had a lot of rest- which is the best treatment for his condition

If he was in pain he would not sprint- nws some say he is not sprinting at full pace

The club and Joe will manege it ok during the playing season

The break will do wonders for Joe’s body - he may come back better than ever!!!

1 Like

We should all be very encouraged by Joey telling a stranger his playing timeline.

10 Likes

He wasn’t sprinting before Christmas. He is now. I choose to believe.

3 Likes

Is furry log what Joe calls his …

1 Like

So is it chafing or OP?

1 Like

Update on the update. He said 1. How the hell did you end up barracking for GWS? (Good question) and 2. Response to will you play round 1…Party line towed of if form permits (and I am selected) I’ll be ready round one.

He may have contracted late onset OP trying to fit into the Virgin Airline seating. Looked like Billy Madison sitting in a kids school seat.

He also said his gait seemed strained (soz). My mate is a Physio and said that may just be the way he is as a big guy wandering through airports.

Therefore nothing to report here.

Well done Joe on dealing with an opposing team stalker!

5 Likes

If you can’t trust a stranger at the airport, who can you trust!?

2 Likes

I have been that stranger at the airport.

Knowing nod… look away and try to keep it cool.

1 Like

Cal Twomey tweeting that Joey’s taking part in match sim this morning. Good times!

16 Likes

it would be a boost to the playing group seeing him in match sim

3 Likes

“Joe Daniher taking part in Essendon match simulation this morning. Matched up by Michael Hurley and moving freely. Hasn’t had much of the ball but good signs nonetheless for R1.”

8 Likes

2 months out and starting match sim! Welcome to round 1 Joey!

1 Like