#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

As if he is going to push his former teammates under a bus.

We still don’t know what they took.

1 Like

or it was happening under his nose at Saints and he didnt know about it

1 Like

I was more commenting on the fact that he didn’t like being lumped in with drug users but than lumped all the current players into being drug users.

2 Likes

He’s a flog.

2 Likes

I see what you did there

8 Likes

Considering their CEO or president admitted that he was big into the drug scene during his time at the saints, think you can summise there was a drug culture.

Honestly, I’d be more alarmed if they didn’t have one and they were just burning midgets whilst sober.

9 Likes

Great news that the club reckon Joey is on track and just needs game time. I’ll admit I’ve been preparing for the worst but the recent comments by Worsfold are really promising.

As for him not making Riewoldt’s top 10 who cares? Daniher will have to prove himself again and that’s fine. Apart from Lynch who only scored 20 goals last season the next lowest goal scorer on the list was Josh Kennedy with 43.

I’d hope that Joey will be in the top 10 in the Coleman this year but then again if we share it around maybe his value won’t necessarily be in scoring but in creating space for others and drawing defenders outside of the arc.

If Joey/Raz/Smack/Stringer/Walla/Baguley can all score 35 goals and mids like Lang/Hepp/Smith/Sheil/Merret/Zaka can all get 20 I’d take that over a Coleman for Joey.

2 Likes

So when Sir Nick was getting his ■■■■■■ out with his teammates on camera, he wasn’t pinging like a telephone exchange? Cleanskin Rooey

4 Likes

Joe set to go: Daniher to face Blues on Thursday

[
Mitch Cleary

ESSENDON spearhead Joe Daniher is set to play his first competitive match in 10 months when the Bombers kickstart their pre-season campaign on Thursday.

Provided Daniher recovers well from Monday’s full session and gets through Wednesday’s hitout unscathed, he will face Carlton in the opening match of the JLT Community Series.

It is understood the 24-year-old will feature on restricted minutes at IKON Park.

A promising showing in the Bombers’ intraclub has fast-tracked the decision to play Daniher against the Blues, with original plans to have him return against Geelong on March 7.

BEST FORWARDS We rank every club’s attack

An All Australian and best and fairest winner in 2017, Daniher failed to play after round seven last season when an ongoing osteitis pubis injury worsened.

Having endured a modified pre-season program prior to Christmas, Daniher has since ramped up his fitness in recent weeks.

At training on Monday, skipper Dyson Heppell appeared to be running freely after managing hamstring tendinitis in the past month, while Zach Merrett showed no signs of an ankle sprain sustained five weeks ago.

Key defender Cale Hooker also trained on Monday as he overcomes a hamstring complaint but won’t meet the Blues on Thursday night.

Meantime, defender Matt Dea , who managed 12 games for the Bombers last season, was spotted watching on in a sporting brace on his left knee.

The Bombers are expected to clarify the severity of his setback on Monday afternoon.

More to come

1 Like

The lid has come off!

2 Likes

https://goo.gl/images/wkJyDg

1 Like

Listens to SEN.
Finds it inflammatory and annoying.
Comes on here to tell us it’s inflammatory and annoying.

We’re waaay ahead of ya.

5 Likes

If players are on the same number of goals, does it go down to points scored?

1 Like

It’s moot, they’re both going to win and with centuries in the last quarter of a rampant destruction of Collingwood GF day

1 Like

Hahaha yep

The sky was falling

So are we all happy that the Club may be thinking about JD playing in the JLT games?

Or…if things don’t go to plan, and he has a setback, are all the Captain Hindsight come doctors, physios and musculoskeletal expert types on here, going to complain about mismanagement.

Just want to check beforehand.

9 Likes

I’m happy because the club must think he is tracking well and that this is the right next step for him.

Sure he could have a set back but if he’s come through match sim ok that’s great news.

I’m not going to bag the club if something goes awry, so you can bookmark this if you want to say “I told you so”.

1 Like

If he’s ready, he’s ready.

No guarantees in life, if he re-injures himself, it’s just ■■■■■■ luck.

1 Like

Like literally everyone else here, I’m happy to wait until Daniher is ready (whenever that may be) to play competitive football.
That’s a very stupid either/or, but to answer it without prejudice ‘Are you happy for him to play this week with a larger risk of him having a set-back?’
Obviously not.
And would the club be responsible if he did break down in his first game back, that happens to be a meaningless practice match?
Yeah.
Yeah, I reckon they would be.

So you’re saying don’t play him?