#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

John Coleman used to take those sort of marks with one arm tied behind his back!

3 Likes

And a…ah…strange backdrop graphic to that pic…

12 Likes

Carlisle’s the same size as Joe. He literally jumped on his own shoulders.

Loved when riewoldt monstered hepp in a tackle in the centre square.

Joe lined the ■■■■ up out of the saints ruckman (not hickey) for the ball up.

4 Likes

Gilbert and they lined each other up and JD won and the maggot gave the free to Gilbert despite them both doing the exact same thing

10 Likes

Let me just get this 5 metre run-up for a ball up umpire.

1 Like

The grog squad weren’t wrong!

Interview after the game: Joe makes Hurley look like Gleeson. Huge across the shoulders.

1 Like

Huge performance from Joe against the Saints. I thought this was an interesting article.

Joe Daniher was in danger of hitting the Etihad Stadium roof when he flew high for a Mark of the Year contender in the early stages of the match. After following up his efforts with a goal, the confident young Bomber was keen to direct his opponents attention to the replay screen for another viewing of his highlight.
https://realsport101.com/news/sports/aussie-rules/st-kilda-v-essendon-five-things-we-learned-14-july/

Not a comment on that play, but that incident is why IMO Daniher probably should do the center square rucking.
That incident is identical to how goodes ■■■■■■ his knee up years ago. He is way to valuable to be risked in that specific situation.

That’s not funny at all mate. Not even chuckle worthy …

1 Like

Akubra guy looks a bit like Noonan actually.

Joey might turn into the ‘i swap ends every quarter’ guy to watch.

Ie our generations Coleman. Or I guess Gazza senior good.

Just such a good footballer to watch.

Efc crowd attendances are going to go through the roof.

I reckon I’ll watch his big grab on carlisle a dozen more times this week.

I did mean “funny”, as in I want to go drown my sorrows kind of way.

1 Like

a question to ponder.

Will him playing mins in the ruck ultimately end up costing him a coleman this year ?

Back in my day players used to leap 15 feet in the air, with a dead horse on their back.

1 Like

I don’t think so, when hes forward for too long he fades out of the game a bit, but on-ball in the ruck gives him chances for those 70m BOMBS

4 Likes

I think it’ll be the reason he does win it

HOOF

26 Likes

K Bartlett speculated before the GWS v Sydney scrap that J Daniher would become the AFL’s first $2m player if he were on the market. Send a pallet of Krug to who ever drafted his old man in the first place.

1 Like