#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

I remember at the time Swans were determined not to let Tony come to Essendon after stuffing up by trading Terry and neale for Fields. Tony’s mum Edna begged Sheedy to get all her boys to Essendon and he worked for years to make it happen. Thank God for Edna!

20 Likes

She’ll never be Libbi Gorr to me…

(If you know the song but not the video you still NEED to watch this.)

And if you know both… well, it’s still an 11 out of 10.

24 Likes

What the h… I don’t even…

That is ■■■■■■■ sensational

3 Likes

Strange to think that the Swans could have had all six Danihers to play AFL footy and yet all they’ve got has been half of Anthony’s career and about ten of Terry’s 300 games.

Joe might not be the last either. Isn’t there another one rising through the ranks? Maybe Chris’s son?

I… I am not even sure what I just watched… but I love it.

6 Likes

Compare how Neale folds his arms behind his back with Joe during this week’s post-game interview.

This one remembers to acknowledge the seven girls, too.

3 Likes

Cringe off the charts, couldn’t finish it.

2 Likes

Thanks DJR. Was only telling somebody about the Edna song a few weeks ago. They didn’t believe me.

Swans would be spewing alright.

Did they say he’s got his own micro brew?
What is it and where can we get it?

I made in 45 seconds in.

Good grief. Watching Joe’s mark, how utterly underwhelming is Taylors commentary and Sevens sound mic’s? Taylor is a putrid commentator.

3 Likes

Called Noble Boy. Is on tap at The Napier in Fitzroy and some other places, maybe not in stubbies/tins yet.

The pale ale is a nice beer that’s not too heavy on the hops but you can still taste them. Sort of like a session ipa.

2 Likes

He is a terrible commentator. I think with the Joe mark, he just made it look so easy that perhaps they thought it was easy too. Throughout the game they were talking about it and how high he got. I think after watching the replay they realised how ridiculous the mark was.

Yeah… It was kinda weird seeing Hurley look so small. Camera angle didn’t help.

https://www.nobleboy.com/home/

Might buy one of the black caps when they’re back in stock. Look good.

1 Like

I remember listening to radio commentary in - must have been - 1977. Despite me holding my lucky rock (an actual polished stone) the swans beat us. Lake oval I think but not sure. Some kid called Daniher kept popping up and kicking longs goals from strong marks, pretty sure he kicked 4. Gee I was rapt when we got him and some little brother. Wasn’t it for a couple of twilight years from Neville Fields who ended up back at windy hill anyway (might have that last bit wrong)? Up there with the best trading ever.

7 Likes