#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Stringers clearing kicks will probably benefit hooker more. From what I’ve seen he’s not the type to hit up a lead but rather kick long and hard. Flat footed, holding ground waiting for the ball coming in I’d take Hooker over everyone in the comp. Daniher’s better on the loopy that he has to lead into. However if balls are coming in long, hard and flat with Daniher meeting it at full stretch…pwoahh… that’d be sweet.

JD monsters floaters that he can get a run at. He’s probably the best in the league at it. And fark Jeremy howe with his zoning off chest mark. Try taking that in your hands while every tom ■■■■ and Harry inside 50 is trying to take your run and chop your arms.

1 Like

Because why not

3 Likes

I just love that clutch goal in the last against the cats.

Guy is a freak he’s Buddy like

Eric Hipwood is another coming through the ranks.

Sometimes you think he’s wasted a bit in terms of threatening the scoreboard when he’s up the ground. Then you see him with it running forward from 70 meters out and remember the guy slots them close to there anyway.

I love Joe at CHF because of this, and he is the one that really benefits Cale, it was obvious from the moment Jamar stood in for Hooker in 2016 that having a gorilla at FF complemented Joe perfectly.

Either Joe slots it or Cale marks it,
and you can add to that if Cale doesn’t mark it then Raz or Walla are there when Cale brings it to ground.
Add to that Stewart, Raz, Walla, Stringer and or Begley running into spaces …

Oh I can’t wait for when our midfield is up to supplying this forward line, it’s amazing that in 2017 we were only two goals from being the second most prolific goal scoring team in the comp (behind Port and Adelaide), but 12th for forward entries.

Factoring in the large flat fast corridor of Adelaide Oval (a relatively skinny, laser levelled, high scoring ground) and the fact that Port and Adelaide were the top sides for inside 50 entries, I would say we have the best forward line in the league per opportunity by a long way and it is probably more potent this year if we can keep the key players on the park.

Exciting times.

4 Likes

If someone doesn’t tell him to use his body, go hard, ignore the umpires, and just friggin’ get the ball…
He will never be the player he could be.
Which is…one of the best players of all time.

He’s pulling this ■■■■ now…
Lloyd at least waited 'til he was in his thirties…

4 Likes

Needs to get the staging out of his game.

5 Likes

Staging is a dangerous slippery slope to umpiring aggravation and frustration.
If he is deliberately staging then someone needs to tell him to stop it. Nothing to be gained by doing it, quite the opposite.

ffs find me a forward nowadays who doesnt exaggerate to the nth degree. just remember all the times he gets fkg molested and the umps just turn a complete blind eye to it.

just go for it, milk it for all its worth

2 Likes

Yeah it can become part of his game pretty quickly. He was doing it a little a few years ago.
It’s quite possible he was getting a small shove from behind at each marking attempt but he seemed to exaggerate it for the umps benefit. Quite possibly the Tigers found something to put him off his game. Sure they’re give away a few frees here and there but it stopped him having a presence. That and Hooker and Stewart were misssing.

Have noticed Joe’s preseason form is lacking.
Playing within himself.
Can anyone remember his form this time last year?

1 Like

Didn’t get a full pre-season and couldn’t kick straight (except when using the right foot).

Just checked out his JLT stats last season.

Didn’t play against Collingwood, didn’t score anything against the Suns and kicked 2-3 against Geelong.

Don’t think he’s been particularly dominant during preseason previously.

Edit: in fact he had only 1 disposal against the Suns.

I’m happy for the media to talk him down if that means we get a cheap deal for him.

The media writes us off anyway we may as well use it to our advantage.

Joey is on his way to knighthood!

Will step up again this year.

1 Like

He is one of those blokes who runs around in first gear in the preseason. He’s a superstar.

1 Like

@WhateleySEN
Kingy on Joe Daniher

“I think Joe Daniher could be the best player in the comp at the end of the season and that’s as a unique forward. I think he’ll go past Buddy Franklin this year as the number one forward.”

Id argue that Joe had a better year than Buddy anyway, despite Buddy winning the coleman.

3 Likes