#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Stuart Dew came close at Hawthorn.

15 Likes

it’s a chicken v egg situation really, is JD a big issue or issues up the ground.

i watched him a bit today, and for a guy his size and his atheleticism, he just stood there alot and pointed to a spot he wanted it kicked. that was it.
for a guy who’s only way to mark in a contested situation is either outjump or outlead, that’s pretty poor.

so is it a lack of moving forwards that creates no options, or poor skill. granted at present who knows cos they are both proving to be a problem.

1 Like

I told you so.

2 Likes

If he’s going to be dropped for anything it’s that fkn 50m sideways pass that ended up in a turn over

1 Like

I don’t see the point of dropping him will kick 6-7 goals in the VFL and then be brought straight back in he will be too good for that level

Going through a form slump atm just needs to to work through it

Just watched the last qtr again. Joe’s not a smart bloke but what the ■■■■ is Josh Green doing calling for the ball?

Seriously Josh. Calm Joe down and talk him through what he needs to do to kick the goal.

12 Likes

It was a 4 meter handball, Richmond, Geelong, Hawthorn players would all do exactly the same thing, (and be lauded for being selfless) the difference being they wouldn’t handball it at his ■■■■■■■ feet.

10 Likes

Daniher shot from 70 where he kicked it OOF he should have centered it. Selfish

Then handpass to green rather than go hack and have a shot at goal dumb.

There is no way green would have given the hands off in the reverse situation.

1 Like

big credit from me for hauling himself into the game after half time. Started to look legit threatening and actually going for his marks rather than predicting contact/free kicks.

The brainfade? I saw it. I still dont believe it.

But it shouldnt disguise how putrid we were just because “oh, but Joe could have put us within nine points”

15 Likes

It was this point that I turned off POXTEL and ripped into two light beers, couldn’t watch any more.

I watched every moment of every games during the saga.

What. the. Actual.

?

3 Likes

What do you reckon was the turnaround?

This is my new pet peeve. Is Lou’s handball still a thing because our players wouldn’t even hit the board. ■■■■ me it’s a handball, Auskick should sort this skill out.

Lack of second efforts were another big issue from Joe today. The 2 best players on our list haven’t fired a shot so far this season.

2 Likes

5 Likes

When you are that close to goal there is no need to handball Joe should have gone back and kicked the goal dumb play.

Going back and having a shot is the best part of the game don’t understand players wanting to give it off to a team mate when in range.

1 Like

problem is that he always misses set shots

1 Like

There will come a day when I can speak about that brain fade.

Today isn’t that day.

6 Likes

Joe was lucky that it didn’t cost us the game if we were in a winning posistion

my sister actually yelled out tonight “Oh No Joe Daniher has the ball”

I wonder what’s happened to Joe?
looks like a shell of his former self.
No confidence at all
What happened to daniher of anzac day last year?