#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Joe flailing around like a baby giraffe trying to find its feet, is not a good look. Attack the ball Joe, you are a much better player when you do. Take a leaf out of uncle Terry’s book.

4 Likes

I would rather play for frees than be a cheat.

Fair enough, but that doesn’t excuse what Joe’s doing

2 Likes

I’m not saying that it does.

All I’m saying is that if the umpires called the game fairly and without bias then it may clean the game up.

The footballers have far more riding on the game than the umpires and are allowed to be human.

The umpires should be impartial and should be professional despite the situation.

1 Like

There is so many double standards in there it’s mind boggling.

2 Likes

Explain

efa

2 Likes

So many double standards.

1 Like

And we moved him off to StKilda.

Where he sometimes played CHF, and in one game kicked a bag of 7.

1 Like

Hope he kicks a bag this week

The stage is set.

Another Anzac medal for Joe coming up

4 Likes

I think the problem with Joe is that he is flying for mark of the day too often, rather than working hard and getting off his man. When he has a metre of space and the delivery is ok he is unstoppable, and he has received plenty of frees for chopping the arms over his past 20 games. Either he is being lazy or his knees are limiting his running capability, but given he is rucking it is probably the former.
He reminds me of dangerfield who in his early years would get 12 possessions, 10 of which were hard contested ie he didn’t also do the simple things. Joe’s too often trying flashy stuff when he really needs to play normal footy and kick 4 goals each week.

That’s one thing Joe isn’t. His knees must be giving him some serious grief. He looks like he can barely walk at times.

Watch the replay.

Joe did a lot of the hard stuff in packs, gave off two goals in the first and another later in the game. He ran all over the field and worked hard.

He missed a few marks and some want to crucify him.

3 Likes

Unless it’s Joel Selwood

I didn’t mean lazy in terms of his overall impact, which is still good despite him being down on form. I think he too often stays back satisfied with the opportunity for the ball to come in long so he can take a hanger, rather than working his opponent over making multiple leads. Contested pack marks look fantastic but are overrated as 19 out of 20 times the ball is cleared at ground level.

Tiger supporters used to call him autumn leaves, the way he used to drop to the ground etc

Paul Salmon used to do the head duck (or fall forward) too & it used to pisss off many Bomber supporters, he used to get booed for it - he ended up leaving & becoming Hawthorn’s ruckman of the century

1 Like

Lloyd affected Lloyd’s career.
If falling over himself for a free wasn’t obvious enough to you , then read his book. He says it himself. He was worse than Leroy Jetta

1 Like

This. If TD fell forward or head ducked, it was only because he was pushed out of a contest illegally or punched in the back of the head, which happened a lot in the 80’s.

But guess what, because the umps knew he didn’t act, he would normally get a free if it happened (Glenn James would anyway)