#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

But if your doctors, physios, conditioning people, and the player himself said he was right to play?

2 Likes

then they are bush league.

7 Likes

Doctors and Physio’s get it wrong sometimes. Haven’t met anyone perfect yet…

4 Likes

Players will almost always say they are right to play

1 Like

All true and valid points. Well bar bush league man.
But the fact is no professional organisation would go against all that advice.

2 Likes

yeah maybe not go against it but just be plain wrong.

how else does something like this happen?

Mind control??

They’re playing a very physically demanding sport and something changed, like the condition unexpectedly worsened?
I’m not saying they made a great decision but you can’t accuse them of definitely doing the wrong thing, when we simply don’t have enough information to know.

All we know is that every single club plays injured players, regardless of what they say. It’s a fine balancing act. Sometimes it doesn’t work out.
Overall our record with keeping players on the park has been very good since the start of 2016.

3 Likes

Exactly.

Fkn whingers, gon’ whinge but.

so it’s not a bad decision if other people and clubs do it to ?

yes no player is 100% fit every game, but it’s not as if they are playing guys with broken legs or hands or a twisted around the wrong way ankle.

his form alone should have suggested something was not right. people on here could pick it after 3 weeks, so why couldn’t all these professionals ?

Something can be “technicall” right or not as bad an injury on paper, and for normal plebs it might be perfect.
but these guys are playing the hardest sport in the land, so “technically” right doesn’t cut it.

what was our record like before 2016 out of curiosity ?
seems like cutting and pasting stats to prove a point.

Might be time for players to seek their own medical staff and the sport to drop the taboo of sitting out until you’re confident in your body.

:roll_eyes: Mate, I was just pointing out that it’s part of the industry.

As I said, it’s a delicate balancing act. Every club is treading that fine line every week. The difficulty as a supporter is that we don’t know the full details. It’s very easy to be hindsight geniuses.

You think they didn’t know there was a problem? Just because they didn’t tell you?
Hindsight would suggest maybe they didn’t handle it properly, but ultimately we don’t know. I sure as ■■■■ hope Richardson knows now though and IF they did make a mistake, that they learn from it.

This is irrelevant waffle

I’m not really sure but I don’t think it was very good.
I think it’s only relevant since 2016 because the Head coach and many others in the football department have only been in place since then.

I’m not saying the club is perfect…onfield results (which is pretty much the only concrete evidence we have to go on) would say they’re far from it. I just think it’s pointless spinning wheels about this sort of ■■■■ when we don’t know and have no way of actually ever being close to knowing what the real story is. We certainly can’t believe anything that is said in the media about injuries. No club (rightly or wrongly) really ever tells the truth about injuries.

I said he was carrying an injury in round 2. I get what they say about broken clocks and all but he played for what, 6 weeks following that? Are you seriously suggesting nothing twigged in him or a single one of his coaches or medicos in that time?

There’s no way that that’s the case. And on the miniscule chance that it is, and again, that it’s the case they then did one simple scan/test(s) that reveals OP so bad that the bloke can’t fkn run… Then sack the lot of them.

7 Likes

My guess is they knew he was battling groin soreness, but they tried to manage him through and and Joe kept on saying he was right to play.

I will still never understand why they played him against Collingwood and Melbourne within a week if he even had a hint of a groin injury

8 Likes

but the thing is, even if joe is saying he is right to play, it was clear as day even from a spectators perspective that he was not right to play. thats what just miffs me.

Either obtaining or listening to sound advice from doctors seems to be a weak point at Essendon.

1 Like

I absolutely agree with you.

But I also understand why they kept selecting him if all the medical advice was “he’s ok to play.”

1 Like

No no, … of course, … EVERYONE AT ESSINGTON IS A FKN IDIOT!!!

Jeezuz, … can you people actually believe yourselves??

yes

2 Likes

Maybe the question is how many players are having jabs to be able to play every week?