#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

it’s easy to be hindsight genius’s.
um no again by rd 3 some people on here, with no medical expertise or footy at afl level expertise could see he was injured and shouldn’t have been playing.

the rest is just irrelevant dribble.

like i said, you can be “fine” in general, but not fine enough to play afl football, there is a huge gap between the two.

Yep

what a ■■■■■■, ■■■■■■ year this is turning in to.

The point is, you (and anyone on here) didn’t have enough information about exactly where he was at at round 3 and what happened in between to know for sure playing him was the wrong call at the time.
Yes he was playing crap and didn’t look great physically, everyone could see that…and no doubt the club would have known at the time that the groin problems would have been contributing to it. But again, you didn’t have the inside info to know what exactly the issue was.
As I said, no doubt they will know now within the club whether they really stuffed up or if it was bad luck in some way (odds are they probably did stuff up). But there’s no way we’re going to find out the full real story (unless they did stuff up, Joe is pissed off, and decides to ask for a trade at the end of the year).

Walla has looked injured for most of the season, but has suddenly looked a lot better since round 9. Did they make the wrong decision to keep him playing him as well? Again, we don’t really know, but whatever it is, that one has worked out differently so far.

2 Likes

Doc says club is fine and so does club so

1 Like

Man if I ever get ill I’m going down to the TVSC for some good news.

6 Likes

if you were going on a holiday to the usa, and you got onto your plane, looked out the windows and only saw one wing, what would you think ?

would you be like, oh i don’t have an engineering degree, i’m sure it’s fine.
and when the plane inevitably crashed, would you be like, oh no one could possibly see that coming, cos we didn’t have all the information.

we dont’ need to know all the information.
he wasn’t playing well. it was due to an injury. that injury is now keeping him out for the rest or most of the rest of the year.

the rest is irrelevant excuses and reasons to justify why the club ■■■■■■ up. pretty it up all you like ,but that’s all you’re doing.

“This is fine” needs to be updated with JD and Doc Reid

1 Like

what is you opinion/theory on what happened with Joe?

1 Like

He got injured, they thought he could manage it, which he was to a degree, then he landed awkwardly in a game and it became worse so they took him out of the game and got him fixed. He will be back when it is fully healed.

1 Like

I think you missed the bit where ours are idiots who have no idea.

2 Likes

the question is when did he get injured? I don’t think he was managing it at all. His form became worse and worse

Hire these people ffs!!!
We need more of these guys and less charlatan certified medical personnel.
Let’s get this right, people!

2 Likes

4 Likes

That gif is kinda mesmerising. I can’t stop watching it…

I would put him on ice for the rest of the season we won’t be playing finals so no point.

Is the news flash tonight that he’s out for the season based on any new information beyond what we heard yesterday re ‘maybe back-end of the season’? It’s logical he will miss the season but who has confirmed this?

I think it was DKP.

1 Like

Some things are not black and white and that there is only one approach. Mistakes/wrong way to do it happen. Hird had three years of chronic foot stresses. Was that treated the right way? Was John Quinn just lucky when he joined as fitness dude and it was going to come good regardless? Ditto for example Gumby. Was he just a chronically rehab bloke or could something better have been done?

Many thought Joey didn’t look right. And it wasn’t one lone crazy voice shouting at the clouds. And now we have this situation. It’s not a matter of blame because like I said there is more than one approach and what the club and Joey decided to do may have worked. But it wasn’t successful and people have a right to reasonably suggest he should not have been played.

3 Likes

Everything you say is correct to me. I agree entirely.
I also know where I would out my trust if it came down to my own health - or my kids’ for example. It wouldn’t be with someone watching them on TV. It would be with professionals. Who - as you point out - make mistakes, sometimes. A lot less mistakes than those not qualified and with no info.

2 Likes