#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

if you’re going to run with people aren’t doctors, you sure as hell don’t get to use the fortune teller card either.

YOU only assume his replacement wouldn’t have been as good. you don’t know that for sure.

there are plently of examples of backing guys in who, on paper aren’t as good as the guy they are replacing, just like you say there’s plenty of guys who manage their groin problems successfully.

all you’ve admitted here is that they’ve mismanged daniher since the end of last year. and if you look at the way hepp has played most of this year, you could argue he isn’t over the issues you claim he had either, cos his output until a few weeks ago this season has been well below average.

3 Likes

Ok.

I thought I’ll jump in.

Osteitis Pubis was a far more common injury 5-10 years ago. Elite football clubs are better at managing the issue now.

Those blaming the club for OP may be overlooking the fact that

A) a 201cm athlete will typically have a longer growth phase and likely be higher risk

B) the player has a responsibility to report discomfort accurately and I suspect in this case Daniher has misled the medical / fitness staff. Woosha even alluded to this some time over the last few weeks.

Meanwhile. He will be fine. The sky isn’t falling.

5 Likes

That is bullshite and probably libellous.

2 Likes

And which parts are bullshite?

Some Legal People could consider these comments libellous.

*** Reid is way past his use by date**
*** The mismanagement of Scott Gumbleton in his early days at the club was nothing short of negligent**
*** our medical team has mismanaged our match-winner. **
*** our players health supervised by a second rate medical team**.

And…

How he escaped sanction for his role in the saga is probably only due to the fact that his profile wasn’t significant enough to warrant chasing by the AFL. Although the AMA do have clout.

Bruce Reid got no sanction because he was guilty of nothing and threatened legal action.

Dr Reid is a wonderful bloke, trusted by all his patients including Players and their Families. He worked hard to stay on top of all the latest Medical Practice and he would know more about Footballers than any other Doctor. And I will add that he was my Doctor for some years and always sought expert advice where necessary.

4 Likes

And once again Bomber was right, until the last person from the saga is gone from this club it will not move on consciously and unconsciously. We are stuck in the middle of nowhere exactly the way the AFL like it to be.

I’m not here to argue with disenchanted uninformed supporters. If you want to argue that Heppell a bit below his best is not better than our midfield depth (completely missing my point), which is the worst in the comp, go nuts but leave me out of it. I’ve said my piece, take it on board, or don’t, I’m not fussed in the least.

Maybe I’m a bit self entitled but as a paying member and devoted (and admittedly) sookie fan my view is that we deserve complete transparency over the OP issue.

1 When did he start feeling it?
2 when did he report it?
etc etc

If he kept anything a secret I will agree with someone very close to me Loves Essendon yet can’t stand him.

If it was that the club knew about it but kept playing him n it wont change my view of the club unfortunately.

If it was neither and it just cropped up then all good and I continue ti think he’s frickin awesome - for now i am just going with this option.

1 Like

Reid got off because the AFL buckled.
He apparently had the players well being as a priority just like Hirdy did.
They could have easily thrown Reid into the bringing the game into disrepute bucket.
Doing a deal with Reid was all strategic by the AFL, lots to preserve by letting him off. heaps to lose by going to Court.

1 Like

I was told at the time that the AFL “buckled” solely under the threat of legal action.

And to also to be fair to Doc Reid, he had documented his concern of the program from Dank.

1 Like

Doc Reid had some ‘managerial’ decision making responsibilities during 2012 and in his interview with Chip he accepts some of the collective fault for poor governance, as he said he was wrong for not alerting the players as to his concerns. I think also he was part time at the club which is relevant to his share of blame.

But poor management (at whatever level) shouldn’t be confused with poor professional medical expertise.

1 Like

Mate. It’s a forum where people express their opinion. It’s not defamatory. Get a grip.

It’s all gone way through the looking glass and bat shitt fkn crazy in here actually.

Get the fk over it people.

Reid = Senior club doctor 2012
Dank = lunatic sports science contractor 2012.
Doc Reid was not equipped then to keep a fking contractor Dank (and gym freak Weapon) in check.
What has changed since 2012 to suggest he is now equipped to be the Senior club doctor.
Reid took 6 months off after the charges were dropped.
Who knows, that could have been a deal with the AFL. Lets pretend you need 6 months away from the club without the label of being suspended and we’ll drop all charges.
The whole thing stinks and as bomber5au said, the sooner Reid has the decency to remove himself from the staff list the sooner the club gets rid of all those lingering stenches.

Not sure about that.
I reckon you could defame someone right now and get yourself banned.
It would depend on who it was and if the mods became worried about it or not.
All in the interpretation, innit.

You’re right. You’re a bit self-entitled

More than a bit…a ■■■■■■■ lot.

1 Like

I for one do not want to know every intimate detail about Joes groin.

1 Like

All this defamation talk, in the joe daniher thread…

are people saying joe doesn’t have a big d…

1 Like

They dont call him Giraffe for nothing