#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

"D-DAY LOOMS!!" …'ken lol.

2 Likes

ON HIS FUTURE

Geez that headline scared me. Great to hear he’s doing light running.

Good news that there is an update. Started to think he was abducted by aliens!

1 Like

I’m going full Nino here…

Trade Daniher and Parish for Kelly and Shiel.
Keep McKernan = Premierships

2 Likes

I’m outraged at this suggestion.

1 Like

That sounds… good?

1 Like

Our most important player, who’s been sidelines with significant injury for which we received basically no update for 7 weeks, and they’re only just sitting down now to discuss his progress and program moving forward…

Sorry, but none of that sounds in any way good or promising to me.

Pretty much what I was getting at. The sarcasm doesn’t read well.

1 Like

Really? Sounds like he has just reached the next stage of his recovery to me.

3 Likes

Last update he wasn’t even running. now he’s doing light running. That’s progress if nothing else. I think the meeting is just to discuss how they’re going to break the shock news that he wont be back this year.

All in the interpretation I guess.

Somebody said it was good he was doing light running, when the reality is that light running is pretty easy with OP, it’s sprinting at top speed or explosive power that’s the problem. Mate of mine had it last year, could still squat 150kgs but could lunge his own body weight… let alone sprint at top speed.

Can’t wait for the Joey, Jakey and Razzle show, Not sure any team can boast that kind of freakshow.

If not this year the next 8 years!!!

Fuckkk Yessss!

I’m going to guess that Joe has been making tentative progress, like doing slow running and gentle exercise as part of a program that keeps slowly stepping things up to see how far he goes before he gets significant pain. They don’t know how much he has recovered or how long it will take except by carefully and slowly building up the work and testing whether/how much pain he has.
Woosha is starting to think finals. He understandably wants to know if he is planning a McKernan/Brown forward line or one that could include Daniher. He would need at least 3-4wks playing before he would be anywhere near what is needed, so by Round 19 or so, he would have to be playing.
The meeting is Woosha asking Crow “Can we move this along a bit?”
Answer should be “No”.

5 Likes

I presume we’ve booked him in for surgery next February…

8 Likes

black_knight_defeated

17 Likes

Looks he will also need his head put back on the right way around.

2 Likes

I’ve had it myself. Nasty stuff. Takes time to get right. Just slow and steady with incremental increases.