#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

It’s a long. long, long, long, long, long shot for everything to come together for this scenario, but you just know they will be tempted to do it.

If that were to happen and we subsequently lost, he plays poorly in the place of someone who helped get us there & does further damage, I will be absolutely rope-able. I am talking proper burn down the MCG, the Dome & the Hangar altogether angry.

I hope they are conservative and rule him out for the year soon, no going back, his long term well-being is far more important than this short term hope.

As much as i love the big fella and want him back.

2 Likes

It’s been in the media, because the coach mentioned it yesterday. That’s it.
The question of whether this is actually the first time a serious meeting over Joey’s condition has ever been undertaken previously, was not asked of him, nor did he volunteer that info. Outrageous, I know.

4 Likes

Another indication of why more Blitzers need to swallow their pride and get press accreditation.
They’d ask Woosha the Daniher questions.

What odds he’s playing in the 2s in prelim final day while the team that got us there is losing by a point?

Extremely low odds, given the prelims are on a Friday and Saturday and the VFL Grand Final is on a Sunday.

5 Likes

How about prelim final weekend?

Saturdays meeting with Joe. What a load of old horse ■■■■

Don’t tell me Crow and the medico’s haven’t made a decision on Joe going forward.

" So what do you reckon Joe?" " Feeling good guys. Ready to step it up"

" Bad luck. You are done for the year"

HAP, happy for you that you accept that the Essendon Medical Team handled the JD situation well. On that point I disagree with you. JD’s pre-season injury problems were the topic of conversations I had with friends and colleagues. What might have been viewed as only rumours turned out to be factual.

The facts are he had an injury, a decision was made to follow a certain management plan which allowed him to play. His performance was poor and his movement restricted. Allowing him to play exacerbated the injury. Now he is out for an extended period. The management plan failed by any measure. Who are the people responsible for the failure? What have they done to mitigate the risk of it happening again. Where is the guesswork?

O.K ■■■■■ happens.

You offered up the example of the Collingwood injuries and I suggested that it could be said that they had been mismanaged. I didn’t say that I agreed with that suggestion. As I have said the current Collingwood doctor has been in the job 7 months. Even you would agree that 7 months is not long enough to gauge his performance.

Perhaps we just agree to disagree.

1 Like

Is that your best guess? My field is not chemistry.

My question B5, is given you are livid at ASADA et al. for …

A) Speculating,

B) Making assumptions, and then

C) Jumping to conclusions, … In what way are you not doing the exact same thing here?

Genuine question, … do you have anything to back up your position?

Are they claims, … or Assumptions?

3 Likes

I have no idea.
I just accept that I, and you, cannot possibly hope to have the first clue about the situation. Nor should we.

3 Likes

like every other topic on here ever.

There’s a difference between some unknown punter on a forum speculating at will, and someone with medical experience claiming inside information about a situation, however vague that information is. One is just a random opinion - the other is usually taken more seriously, and therefore is open to more strenuous testing.

It surprises but also disappoints me that after nearly 5 years of fighting for justice for our 34 players that there are Essendon supporters out there who still don’t understand the facts about what happened to the players. You quote ASADA and my attitude towards them and base this attitude on speculation, making assumptions and jumping to conclusions.

I have stated on many occasions in public forums that ASADA lack scientific acumen, that they fabricated evidence, changed evidence, lied, omitted evidence and I produced evidence to support my statements. If you don’t know or understand that then maybe you are just one of the members who just put everything behind them and moved on. If that was your coping mechanism then good on you. The evidence is out there if you wish to look for it but to say that our fight for the 34 is based on your A, B and C is 100% incorrect and an insult to a team of people who have and continue to fight for justice.

I stand by what I said based on the information I have which I will keep to myself, thankyou.

But I would mention that if you carry out some research of your own you will discover that JD was suffering groin soreness at the end of last season. This was reported by Justin Crow. According to Crow the club embarked on a rehab program which led to him playing which led to current situation. JD did not receive any scans until early May this year when the problem was diagnosed as early onset of OP.

Perhaps scans carried out at the end of last season may have been a good idea and maybe we wouldn’t be having this discussion. Therein lies some insight into what has gone on here.

4 Likes

Henry you may not have the first clue about the situation but if you read my other post you will note that there is information out there that does provide evidence of what happened. And the evidence comes from our own High Performance Manager, Justin Crow.

You have a very hazy definition of “evidence”

Seen his MRIs? Got his testing results?

No!!
You are getting about 1% of the story and guessing the rest.

At best it’s a silly guessing game. At worst it’s arrogant, if not dangerous

3 Likes

watch people lose their minds on here when we hear nothing from the club about Daniher until Crow’s injury report.

So when a Qualified Health Professional, your club’s own High Performance Manager, comes out on the 8th May and is directly quoted as saying that scans were completed “this week” which confirmed that JD had early stage OP and also stated that JD had groin pain as far back as the end of last season then I contend that is strong evidence (>1%). Just in case you didn’t know but Justin Crow has an injury report each week on the EFC website.

If we don’t believe what Justin Crow says about player injuries then we have to doubt the truth about the injuries to Zacka and Laverde. Did any of us see Zacka’s X-rays. No. But I’m prepared to stick my neck out and say that given what evidence I have then Zacka has a broken collarbone.

In the example given a direct quote from the High Performance Manager is far from “hazy”