#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Unless he does come back and play somewhere near his capacity, this season will be a total waste. We KNOW that the club knew he was injured so we KNOW that they took the risk but it didn’t in any way pay off as he played poorly, his selection may have even cost us games and again, he is most likely going to miss the rest of the year. By any standard that’s a poor choice regardless of how much culpability you want to attach to any individual.
Lastly, the no reason to believe part is based on my knowledge that excessive and repeated strain put on injured groins has never been shown to expedite repair. If you have some research to in any way support the possibility of this radical new treatment then I will certainly consider it.

I know that OP is very hard to diagnose. I know that a hip out of alignment can cause “groin strains”. I know that groin strains can be played with.

I THINK people on here are being very hard on the medical team. Hindsight…

3 Likes

Not uncommon with adults either…

Agree
But nothing will be done. No one will take responsibility for it at the club- just blame Joe. People don’t realise that 5 per cent flexibility to a player like Joey makes all the difference and he may never be the same again. Playing an injured player should be just a big no no. Very upsetting to say the least.

Everything has to be someone’s fault.
■■■■ never happens.
The curse of contemporary times.

Who was to blame for Coleman’s knee?

6 Likes

It’s not really the same as asking questions regarding the management of an overuse issue like Joe’s. No one is questioning the club over Begley after all.

And you could say the same about Jobe, Stants and Zaka playing injured in previous times.

Cannot understand why anyone plays with an injury. And don’t anyone give me the frogshite that a 90% Joey is better than The Smack.

2 Likes

Just about everyone is playing with some sort of injury by this stage.
It’s a matter of degrees, not absolutes.

Would there be this much angst if if it was Jerrett?

3 Likes

I’m not referring to Coleman doing his knee, but to the failure to come back from it.
Plentiful stories on the web about this, ranging from “ horrible mismanagement “ to claims he could have, and should have, been right to play on.
If you’re interested in Bombers history, and how footy has always been full of human stories, not black and white answers, have a read.

PS Reported 4 times as a coach, 3 times for umpire abuse. A record that belongs in another thread.

1 Like

Sounds like it is not the curse of contemporary times then?

I haven’t said anything about it being black and white, just objecting to what I thought was a false equivalency and sympathising with questions being asked. Since you’ve clarified that your intended meaning was different to my interpretation it doesn’t really matter anymore.

I miss Joey. I miss his finger twirling. I miss his big grin and obvious love of playing the game. I miss his big marks. I miss his big goals. I miss his swagger. I miss seeing his connection with Zerrett made more strong in our banned year.

I hate whats happened to him this year. Whether through horrific management or plain bad luck I hate that our best asset has had his season ended and was constantly lambasted whilst clearly playing injured.

21 Likes

I think through all discussion going on we can all agree that it sucks that he got injured when he did however it happened.
I honestly believe with the trajectory he was on if he had of remained injury free he would be the best player in the comp by now.
I still reckon it will happen just have to be a bit patient.

1 Like

How about ‘over 90% of players are playing with some sort of injury or discomfort’?

News reports coming in that they’ve moved discussions down the road to Mooney Valley.

Pictures do not look promising

25 Likes

If he’s been playing injured for the last 5 years that would explain a few things

2 Likes

It is interesting to note that Coleman dislocated his knee and also suffered some cartilage and ligament damage. He never played again. Expert medical opinion, from the likes of, for example, AFL Chief Medical Commissioner Dr Harry Unglik in 2014, is that a similar injury today would require a 6 week recovery.

What a tragedy and probably cost us at least another premiership. How far has medical research come.

1 Like

We’ll look back some day and gasp at how horses…horses!..were screened by a tarp and shot right on a race track because they broke a leg.

1 Like

Very long face on JD. Understandable.

4 Likes

i want the minutes of the minutes released today.

andruska style

3 Likes

Do they leave out the bits Blitz doesn’t like?

5 Likes