#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

I dont recall

6 Likes

gulp

8 Likes

You should see the horses.

1 Like

Why do they shoot them, surely they can still recover and be normal horses again. Why shoot them?

My cousin’s husband is an equine vet (was Prof at Melbourne Uni) and he told me there are certain bones that horses just can’t do without…they can’t be kept on crutches or slings. They just can’t survive them. Some leg bones, sure, but other breaks are a death sentence.

Its normally extremely difficult to re-form a thoroughbred’s broken bone. They are heavy animals with light bones which often shatter so not simply a matter of healing. Its also extremely difficult to immobilise a racehorse short of sedating them for months.

Oh ok, fair enough. Thought it was more becuase they thought the horse couldn’t make them money anymore

Absolutely not. If it’s a canon bone there’s a chance of recovery but it’s quite slim. Keeping the horse immobile for months means a greater chance of infection setting in. The leg can turn gangrenous very quickly. As awful as it is, and it is truly awful, death is most often the kinder option.

IMG_8249

3 Likes

A winning well bred stallion is still potentially worth a lot in stud fees so if it was feasible to save the animal they would.

“His long-term health will not be compromised hence our medical team will remain conservative in their approach to his recovery and rehabilitation.”

Well, not any further.

1 Like

I hope so. It makes all the random guesses and accusations even more compelling.

1 Like

Yeah, but what you are really saying is that it’s Dr Reid’s fault aren’t you?

1 Like

■■■■ some of our supporters are mental, Reading through the Facebook comments ffs.

2 Likes

Many owners love their horses like pets and the monetary side of things is a secondary factor.

1 Like

You had to go to Facebook for proof of that?

You went and read comments on the Fakebook page?? :flushed:

Well this was much ado about nothing.

He might play but probably not.

Hardly call them ‘supporters’

Yeah point taken mate.

1 Like