#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Would you believe a boy scout and his dog?

6 Likes

Joe to be the guest player in the Laureate room pregame tomorrow.

He looks pretty happy to be out there!

I’d know that smile anywhere… it’s Langford, right?

4 Likes

THATS THE BEST

The socks are a worry.

Stupid decision to put him in the cup to begin with, even with Damien Oliver on him.

“So Tommy, what is the latest fashion trend?”

“Well it’s no orange Capri’s, but let me tell you…”

1 Like

12 Likes

So what’s the latest?

“Why on earth would we try and get Joe right for this year?”

3 Likes

To win finals

3 Likes

Joe seems to me to be a wonderful young man and he absolutely must be given every possible chance for this injury to heal completely, especially given his family history with OP.

2 Likes

And Sir Bomb, I hereby advise that you have won the Internet !

4 Likes

Laughed all over again. So fkn good to have him back.

To me it seems he was dropped for disciplinary reasons for not doing what is best for the team… and maybe partly the team has dispined him. He obviously lied to the medical staff about his injury and was found out. Otherwise i think he would be back. Thats pretty serious trust issue against the team.

And we improved as a team since he was dropped.

On another note, Daniher while he can kick a big bag… i just dont find him to be as stable as say Mkkernan for the team.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he kicked 11 straight one day… but theres way too many 2.4 with wasted opportunities (out of bounds)… (this is where i think his opposite number in ben brown is alot more valuable) i feel the likes of mckernan is alot more stable.

Longer term… is Daniher a “MUST” have forward? or is he dispensable… ie: if he was offered a million dollar a season contract at another club… would essendon fight for him? he is due in 2020… only 2 years… im not overly convinced they would in a monetary sense… im sure we would love to keep him… but… i dont think he is ever going to be the value of a ben brown… purely on his goal kicking. And if he is the go to forward but cant convert more predictably he kind of becomes a liability as a first forward and becomes almost more of our first forward “foil” instead of goal kicker to simply attract defenders.
Just thinking about this as we seem to be traveling pretty well with out him… well even better. and we still have ambrose to come back which could free up hooker/mkkernan/brown/stringer/begley/tippa… forward line possibly… which looks very predictable/stable.

1 Like

How many spiced rums have you had tonight?

14 Likes

his sock

HIS SOCK

5 Likes

What the hell?

I just don’t know where to start with a response.

Daniher fit and firing is the best tall forward at the club by such a margin it’s just not worth discussing. He kicked 70(?) goals last year at an average of maybe 3 per game. How have his replacements fared?

I’m just not sure where the disciplinary stuff is coming from. It’s certainly not something I’d ever considered remotely plausible.

7 Likes

Utter, utter rubbish. Perhaps you would like to tell us who shot JFK, while you are about it.

7 Likes