W T F is that

6 Likes

It’s Richard Branson, right?

Stallion is confused… I say:

2 Likes

That clears things up.

3 Likes

Watching the replay again -
Joe’s workrate is 2nd to none. All over the ground, leads, 2nd leads, at ground level etc.
Decision making was excellent.
Huge influence even if he didn’t kick 4

I’ve said it before - throw him I the ruck towards end of qtrs and he’ll burn off the opposition and can contribute in preventing contested marks in red zones of qrts - where we’ve been vulnerable.

4 Likes

Plus, with Bellcho in great nick we don’t lose too much forward while he’s resting forward. Still demands a top 2 defender and can be a pretty handy target and kick. We don’t lose the triple threat with Hooker and Stew.

1 Like

“Broken” Joe?

Well he has deleted Collingwood, Geelong and Port.

1 Like

If we start getting camera angles of Joe’s goals from Vanguard 1 I’m all in on this Broken Joe thing

1 Like

We should issue all our defenders a dilapidated boat.

And everyone else fireworks.

1 Like

Cal Twomey Mid Year Review: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-06-14/2017-midseason-review-essendon

How the best 22 has changed

Conor McKenna’s emergence as a dashing half-back has seen him overtake a couple of other backline options in Brent Stanton and Martin Gleeson. It’s a tight call in the ruck, but Tom Bellchambers has had an impact around the ground in his return to the senior side which gets him the nod over Matthew Leuenberger. David Myers and Josh Green had injury-interrupted pre-seasons but are in Essendon’s best side, although Myers is yet to reach his best form after missing the best part of the last two years with injury and suspension.

B: Mark Baguley, Michael Hartley, Patrick Ambrose
HB: Andrew McGrath, Michael Hurley, James Kelly
C: Darcy Parish, Jobe Watson, Brendon Goddard
HF: David Zaharakis, Joe Daniher, James Stewart
F: Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Joe Daniher, Orazio Fantasia
R: Tom Bellchambers, Zach Merrett, Dyson Heppell
I/C: David Myers, Travis Colyer, Josh Green, Conor McKenna

In from pre-season best 22: Tom Bellchambers, David Myers, Josh Green, Conor McKenna

Out from pre-season best 22: Brent Stanton, Jayden Laverde, Kyle Langford, Martin Gleeson

JoeDan is so good, he can play both FF and HF!

3 Likes

Well, that solved the Hooker-forward-or-back debate.

EDIT: it also makes me wonder why we didn’t have a ruckman in our best 22 at the start of the year…

2 Likes

Bellchambers is an IN from pre-season but there’s no ruckman listed as an OUT

Teach us to get Knighta to write our puff pieces.

1 Like

Yep, clearly best suited to Left Right Out.

1 Like

I don’t think its clear cut between belly and leuy. Belly really only got into the team because leuy was sick. Didn’t really knock the door down to get the spot. Is play well now though, however seems to be a bit of deja vu for leuy where he misses from his own rotten luck and the other ruckman runs away with it (admittedly its only been a few games so don’t take this as taking it and running with it).

JOEY DAN

1 Like

He was named best on the game before being picked wasn’t he? And dominated a game 2-3? weeks before that

There was also the small matter of that 6(?) goal haul.

Has a big

3 Likes

funny - I still remember as a 7yr old being told by a mate of my dad that he played in the “left right out” position. I kept telling him there’s no such position… felt like an idiot when my dad explained to me …

1 Like