#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Good timing…great news!

Big Joey Daniher!

Is he a shot at taking the lead in the Coleman next round?

Now we might have a better idea of the spondool available for a gun mid.

Amazing news.

Can’t believe the lack of excitement in here with him extending his contract for 3 years. He is the most important player on our list now. Expect that the reaction is more a signal that everyone expected, as I did, that it would get done.

4 Likes

Rapt

If it’s $750k/yr he could have probably got double what he has with us on open market given Boyd got $1mil pre CBA changes to salary cap.

Clearly understands that if he does that it’s one more gun player not in the side which might prevent him getting a flag.

Hopefully will play with some more freedom now as well with that done and dusted.

Zaka and Parish to come, then to launch some raids on the oppositions playing lists.

2 Likes

yay

This broke on Friday night… just sayin.

its because it was never in question to begin with.

8 Likes

You little beauty!! Parish next thanks.

Yep. It would have only been “News” if he didn’t sign this week.

Be glad. He’s getting about the same (after AFL inflation) as Hurley did back in 2012, and Blitz melted down over that.

P.S. Blitz, you were wrong.

3 Likes

Double drop ought to do it !

1 Like

His next contract will be enormous.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Will be best player in the comp by 2020.

2 Likes

I would love to see him as skipper down the track. Great news.

2 Likes

Excellent news. He is one of the players who provides us with so much joy and so many highlights. It’s great watching him develop.

1 Like

There was massive talk of Hurley to GWS around that time if I remember correctly. That is why we went mental.

Joey is Essendon. He will never ever leave

1 Like

Ahh yes. Mr 98%… No wonder David Schwarz went broke punting…

As for never leaving… I’m sure Geelong fans said the same thing about Gary Ablett Jnr… Never say never…

1 Like

Just watched Joe’s media conference…gee, has he got the media stuff down pat…I don’t think he actually answered any question he was asked until the last one…just rolled out the normal club platitudes whatever the question was.

If I wanted to insult him, I would say he has a future as a politician…but I don’t…so I won’t

4 Likes