#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Yikes !

But it will look amazing!

1 Like

“Demostra…, demomstat, …Desmontrative…”

and so will the football

2 Likes

Speaking of Daniher, we always knew that it would take some time, but he is basically living the dream right now.
There were times when i thought he might go through his career being ALMOST awesome but just not having the accuracy, kind of like Reiwoldt or Cloke or countless others.
But right now he’s its round 17 and he’s on top of the Coleman, dominating games and he’s the worlds nicest bloke.
If he never gets any better it doesnt matter, he’s made it, and if he does, its going to be uncharted territory and basically they will have to make up rules to combat his dominance.

5 Likes

I’m confident he has a lot of improvement yet. The improvement trajectory in all facets of his game this year is incredible. How much has his onball work improved, his goal kicking, marking… his is only 23. In my view not only will he improve facets of his game but the large improvement will come through consistently being in and dominating games for longer periods. We have at least another 8 years of watching this wonderful player in the red and black and I hope he can be a part of some dominate, premiership winning teams.

2 Likes

I said on here earlier in the year he’d be the best player in the game by the end of 2018.
I think I was wrong, a year too pessimistic.
He’s actually underrated on here IMO.

2 Likes

Currently in the top 3 forwards in the game. Looks set to become the game’s outright star forward for a while. Will probably be able to consistently beat some of the better rucks in the game when needed to and play up the ground a lot while still damaging the score board and being the premier forward. Will probably be regarded as the best player in the game and may even give the 100 goals in a season challenge a nudge which is something these days.

I agree that he has a lot of improvement in him, and when he does find it, farking look out!

I think that the final piece to Joey’s improvement will be to get a bit more upper body strength so that he’s not bumped or ragdolled out of position in marking contests so easily.

Once he starts to nail those type of marks close to goal he’ll become an absolute goal scoring machine.

Joey’s, to me at least, just starting to realise his potential now. His confidence is starting to fly now and it looks like he knows that he can tear the competition apart, hence the emotion that he appears to be showing onfield now with the smiles, laughter, banter with team mates and opposition alike and the pisstaking of opponents when he or one of his team mates does something spectacular as demonstrated in the previous two weeks.

He’s going to be an as dominant force as Wayne Carey was 20 years ago.

1 Like

He’s 38th on Essendon’s all time goal kicking tally.
He kicked 43 goals last year, his previous best tally. He’s already on 45.

Being best mates with Zerrett will mean he will strive to continually improve. Those two will spur each other on to achieve greatness. Joe could be anything, he is still a long way from his ceiling. He will only get stronger, meaning he will not get out muscled and will get better at one on one marking and the wrestle. He will never be a hooker or hawkins but it is one area he can improve alot in with age and added strength.

4 Likes

The only thing that could stand in his way, is injury. He scares me, sometimes, with his long lanky limbs and high flying.

3 Likes

Joey does not need to be much bulkier than he already is IMO. He is very agile and faster the way he is and with his height extremely hard to match up in these 3 areas. Too much muscle will impact on his leap & turning abilities, the very things that make him the biggest X factor player in the AFL IMO

3 Likes

It’s important to not put too much pressure on someone who is essentially still a young man finding his way.

Mark my words, he will be the greatest player this game has ever seen.

14 Likes

Completely agree. Was not suggesting he bulk up.

1 Like

Can football.

Keep.

2 Likes

Moustache looks arrogant.

Keep.

4 Likes

I thought he played a very selfish game today. Show-boated all day. Tried to take unrealistic speckies too often. Then that lackadaisical effort in defence when he didn’t run to mark the ball, then fumbled it and put himself under pressure then kicked it out of bounds - cost a goal.

1 Like

Tend to agree, and it’s not the first time it’s happened in the very next game after a “Star” effort outing.

But TBF, their was a bit of that selfishness going around.

2 Likes

If he gets ■■■■■■ with a free very early on in the game it ruins him for the rest of the game.

thompson got away with near molestation on joe and joe got nothing for it.

hartley exhaled on brown and a free was award. Joe needs to mature this aspect of his game.

6 Likes