#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Now your just being silly

3 Likes

Up there as the silliest theory I’ve heard in quite a while, and there are probably people here who think JFK flew a plane into the twin towers.

7 Likes

IF your team depends on you to do a job and you cant fullfill that duty, yet you tell them you can… do you think they will all say… “thats ok, theres always next year”

Do you think all these proffessional footballers want to carry a injured liar? or do they want to get the best injury free team on the park for a chance at finals?

What do you think is the Goal of the club that they should all be unified around?

Thing is its quite self evident, even Harvey said he didnt mention the injury… and thats not lee harvey either…

1 Like

The argument you get disciplined for not disclosing an injury is solid.

Disciplined for half a season is where it gets ridiculous.

You are so incorrect its not funny

6 Likes

It seems that way… but 4 weeks for injury cant be combined with displine… it would be a combo of like maybe upto 8 weeks. 4+8 =12

And given that point in the season it looked like finals was not really possible losing 4 out of 5 games against winable opponents… with the tough ones in cats/gws/tigers to come… it might also have been an example to everyone.

We only have to look at how much better we have been since a un-injured mckernan came in… we have only lost 3 games, and the worst one was the first one against Carlton.

Im sure a injury free Daniher would be as good… but that string of 5 games shows he wasnt, and obviously playing injured.

If i was a coach at that level, id have no problem suspending a player for 10 weeks for lying about an injury. you have to have that trust and earn it… its critical.

Jfk is not george bush.

Mate WTF :open_mouth:

3 Likes

SpicedRum gives Blitz Life.

6 Likes

IT’S TIME

1 Like

@Spiced Rum
You need the video link feed that shows Woosha telling media that Joedan did blah blah blah…otherwise your blowing hot stuff.

He may have licked some.

Ive been looking… i cant remember which presser, it was a post game one.
But he pretty much paraphrases it exactly in other interviews…
“What we found once we stopped him doing everything and rested him, he was a lot sorer than he was letting on,” coach John Worsfold told 6PR in Perth on Tuesday.

(he is quoted saying it several times in different interviews… sounded to me like JD was not being honest with the club.)

Why else would he mention subtly that “sorer than he was letting on”
I get the distinct feeling he lied to them. And harvey states similar about the injury in a Age article. And initially Crowe said 4 weeks recovery… but still no JD.

Id like to see some reporters ask about this… because it was never called a season ending injury, and never did woosha say he was a loss for them.

Id say he has atleast 15 out of bounds on the full. not to mention a dumb handball not becoming a certain goal (i can think of 1).
and opportunities going to him that could have been in better hands… ie: the likes of Mckernan may get less marks in F50, but he will be more fruitful.

Jebus. You start to win a few games and people go nuts around this joint.
@Reboot does not have enough foil for whatever hat you need dude.

1 Like

Well, those last 30 or so posts were quite extraordinary. Even by blitz standards.

14 Likes

Except the problem of getting fired immediately and never working in Footy again.

Apart from that you mean??

2 Likes
  1. The club knew he had groins issues
  2. Some players can play though those injuries (if they are only strains)
  3. Joe could not play thru them
  4. You don’t know until you give it a go
  5. We tried…it did not work out
  6. Move the fark on
12 Likes

Ok, I can accept that he downplayed the extent of the injury. The injury would be made much worse by being played on and then aggravated and not properly treated until he came fully clean.

I can’t accept that the time that he has had off would be some club discipline thing. They would do a week tops. Much more realistic to conclude that it is driven by the recovery time of the injury and Joe will be played as soon as it is possible for him to safely play. Hopefully this year.