#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Have heard a rumour Joe will aim to play against Saints in couple of weeks. Apparently one of the players leaked to a physio at the club that a friend knows.
Interesting as there’s been not much update on his tracking of late so maybe we are trying to sneak him back under the radar.
Has anybody heard similar?

2 Likes

Did you just call Smack a delusional, drunken idiot? Harsh

1 Like

Heard the same.

Plan is to get him to win mark of the year over Carlisle in the first 10 mins and then bench him for the rest of the match and get him right for 2019.

13 Likes

Surely, with the side tracking so well right now, Danniher can wait until next year? Better a season-ending injury than a career-ending recurrence.

I was thinking of a slower introduction. Plays last round in the VFL, takes them to the Grand Final, then collects another two medals the week after.

7 Likes

If he’s fit he plays. If he’s not then he doesn’t

2 Likes

At this point i’d play him at CHB (find another high marking forward and shuffle the backline, don’t attack me!!)
Just my extremely humble opinion, lol

Why? We’ve got tall defenders coming out of our backside and he’s one of the best forwards in the game

3 Likes

You know how Allir kept taking mark after mark against us

It’s because we missing a 3rd target keeping their 3rd tall accountable. He’d have been on Brown who’d be dragging him out of area.

You know how we aren’t capitalizing on fwd entries. It’s partially because we lacking enough marking targets to deal with congested fwd line.

As a 2nd ruck he would have clear advantage over most teams 2nd rucks also.

He is a gun. You bring him the fark in if he is good go

Saints game is perfect really as his 1st hit out. Sure as hell dont want it versus Tigers.

I never expected he’d be back but it will he fkn amazing if we can get him in for end of season

4 Likes

OK, this is just my very very very humble opinion - he will always get about 2-3 defenders on him, and at this stage when he plays, we always still look for him, even though he is surrounded - not good, we don’t look for other options. He is an awesome kick and very mobile, so I think he could be one of our set up movers coming off the back line and then pass it to our forward line??

Just a thought, don’t burn me :hushed:

If our season is still alive in a few weeks you’d have to think we’d consider bringing him back in if he’s OK.

You are all wrong as to how he got injured.

The injury is due to the fact that twice a game the big goofy giraffe would get the ball at 60m out and real around onto his left and stub the kick and kick the ground. No wonder his groin is stuffed.

1 Like

i thought it was because he has a big d-…

3 Likes

Exactly, I was screaming for Hooker fwd in that 2nd quarter. We where dominating the inside 50’s. In the second half the game opened up and had a bit more time to pick out leading targets going fwd. Grundy injury was also a big help to us. We had no big bodied tall fwd at all. Brown is a lead up fwd, stringer is not tall enough. Smack had been doing the job nicely, last week Hooker fwd saved our bacon. We need a pack busting fwd to compete and get balls to the ground.

3 Likes

That then comes down to organisation in the forward line. You can’t outnumber the opposition without creating a gap somewhere else - and that’s where we’ve screwed up in the past. Instead of relying on one person marking a ball, you create various avenues to score, splitting the opposition defense, making them either play one-out, or leaving someone alone. That begins in the halfback line, and ends in forwards being organised and running patterns that compliment each other.

1 Like

This is actually vying for worst thread on blitz.

It’s outrageous.

2 Likes

…because there is always the risk of another forward being injured in the meantime. If JD is fit and finds a bit of touch, he is certainty to come back in.

Our best form has been without him. No point playing him this year until he’s 110% right to go.

9 Likes

Really? I think you need to thread surf a bit more.

2 Likes

I’m concerned that if Daniher comes in, we go
Back to the old habit of bombing the ball to the top of the square for every inside 50.

Having a smaller, mobile forwardline has forced the midfield to lower their eyes and hit targets 25-50 meters from goal.

If we go back to bombing the ball inside 50, our whole game plan and run of form goes straight out the window.

I’d be more inclined to leave Daniher out of the 2018 season, and work hard on rectifying the ‘bomb the ball in’ habit over pre-season.

2 Likes