#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

This thread!
The lunatics are taking over the asylum…

5 Likes

Don’t play injured or sore players?
Buddy hasn’t trained all year, Easton Wood needed about a dozen painkilling injections to get through the 2016 gf, Goodes had a torn PCL for the second half of 2012, Hodge’s and Lappin’s gf with busted ribs in 2008 and 2003(?).
Even at local level there’s a handful of guys I play with that take voltarens etc just to get through training let alone games.

If it works for Governments, no reason it shouldn’t work for our club.

2 Likes

When fit, Daniher has the speed and agility to function within the current game plan. He also gives us the opton to bomb it long. I wouldn’t be concerned if they brought in one of the best forwards in the league. Just as I wasn’t concerned when they brought Hardy back into the team after 1999.

1 Like

I’m not concerned about Daniher. He’s in our best 5 players at the club.

I’m talking purely from a game plan point of view. The midfield has showed that they get very complacent when Daniher is playing. Their vision is all directed at him, and their ability to spot another player up and creativity to manufacture something is non-existent.

Bombing the ball on Daniher’s head brings the spareman into the game. This is something that hasn’t been an issue since Daniher went down.

Pretty sure Aliir Aliir intercepted everything last weekend. Having JD would have made him accountable.

He should come back through the VFL like anyone has to. He may not play in the firsts this year the team is doing nicely without him.

1 Like

It was an issue for a quarter.

There hasn’t been many other games where it’s been an issue since Daniher has stopped playing.

The spareman in defence has been Essendon’s Achilles heal since Hird took over. Which is about the time Daniher came on the scene.

There has been many times when forwardlines over history have gotten more Dangerous at the loss of a key forward, because they became unpredictable. A Daniher forwardline has always been predictable.

I just think we should wait for Pre-season to rectify it at training.

Disagree, a near fit Joey is not only our best player, he is in the top couple in the AFL; straight in if finals look a likely scenario, massive X factor if he gets off his chain he will be the difference. Stringer will have a field day with Joey in.

5 Likes

And the silly ■■■■■■ coach decided to back in the players who he had down forward, who duly delivered. No need to disrupt the defence, no need to do anything bar show faith in your players. But you know, you screamed for something unnecessary so …

3 Likes

Bombing the ball in to the forwardline shouldn’t be on Joe.

Last season we had the most efficient forwardline in the comp and we all know how good Joe was.

Bombing the ball in probably has a lot more to do with the midfield gelling than anything else.

The midfield was getting smashed in the opening 8 weeks and now it looks like a strength.

Joe would most definitely compliment our best side.

3 Likes

A valid concern but I think an easy explanation and solution is at hand.

• we reverted to bombing this year because Daniher plonked himself and wasn’t running…because of his injury.
  • last year we had the best fwd line in the AFL, largely with Daniher playing higher than Hooker most of the time.
  • if Daniher is 100% he can play CHF and not deep. CHF is his best position anyway imo because running and athleticism is actually one of his strengths.
3 Likes

I think this is the key.
Daniher should be roaming outside Forward 50 in a traditional CHF role.

Is he fit enough to do it?

1 Like

It’s idiotic.
Anyone who thinks it’s a rare occurrence should get out there and stand by the bench at a local footy game, listen to the trainers talk to the guys coming off.
You’ll realise about half the side has some sort of knock, niggle, bump or strain by the end of the game.

4 Likes

So you reckon Joe Daniher should play the Joe Daniher role?
Groundbreaking!!

1 Like

You make this so complicated cul de sac I don’t understand what you mean. Please put it in plain English for us common folk.

2 Likes

You can expect the expected to happen, … provided the unexpected doesn’t happen.,

BRING

2 Likes

ME

VICTORY BACON

6 Likes