#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

(Streaky, … Hickory Smoked)

Plus perfect Poached Eggs with my exclusive Tasty Cheese and Black Pepper sauce.

OMFG

1 Like

30th September lock it in.

3 Likes

What’s your poaching technique?

I have been saying for the last 2 years we should never play JD at FF. He has speed to burn and if played from wing to HFF and at HF, but not in a static fashion the dbl and trp teaming that he always attracts would not be an issue. The big bomb to the top of the square is not an attractive option the way the game is currently being played. Our current game plan appears to be working fine with heaps of goals from our small to medium height players, and keeping our goal approach very flexible. The tall at the top of the square is too easy to nullify.

2 Likes

Freshest eggs poss (@ room temp) deep frypan, water 50mm plus depth, bring 2 boil, lower to very mild simmer, give it a swirl, egg in a ramiken/ espresso cup, …basically placed, … not dropped.

Apple cider Vinegar splash (1/4 cup) if eggs a week old or store bought.

5 Likes

Springy floors.

5 Likes

Even just this year for me personally;
• Have done 1 full training session since the season started due to getting shin splints, and I take ibuprofen an hour before the game to get through it (I even skip half our warm up as it tends to be a while before it kicks in)
• Have played the last 3 weeks with an ankle that doesn’t bend properly and hurts when I move laterally either direction after suffering a syndesmosis injury
• Have played the last 2 weeks with a ruptured tendon in my pinky
• Played yesterday with a massive lump on my quad from where I got kneed twice last week and was bad enough the pain has been keeping me up at night during the week

Despite this I’ve (arguably) been the most important player in our ressies structurally as I’m the only genuine inside mid and we have and yesterday played in the firsts and fit in comfortably into the backline, keeping my opponent to only 2-3 possessions for the game (albeit we won by 97 so I had it pretty easy most of the game haha)

2 Likes

To be a contrarian, the tall at the top of the square, whilst not generally being an easy or efficient route to goal by themseves, certainly does help free up the mobile targets.
Hooker was huge in this role last year, Smack has been good this year.

Back at Moozza?

Watched a mate play yesterday at Kilsyth, he got his hand stepped on, spent 20mins running away from the trainers haha cos they would’ve dragged him.
Then busted his ankle anyway.

1 Like

Nah out in the Valley (YG).

Sound like one of our guys the other week.
Hurt is ankle and claimed he was fine even though our slightly overweight and very unfit trainer was able to catch up with him haha

Ah yeah, some beautiful grounds up the valley.
Are you guys in div 1 or 2?

Of course injury plays a big part

However I don’t think he’ll be fit enough nor will he find his touch with only 4 weeks to go before finals.

If he doesn’t play at any level in the next 2 weeks he won’t play again this season imo

We’re D2 so we don’t get as many nice grounds haha.
Both divisions seem pretty even this year. D1 there’s 6-7 sides within 2-3 games of each other before dropping off a shitload to Monbulk, Belgrave and Warby. D2 is similar except Seville seem miles ahead of everyone in the seniors.
Will be interesting to see what happens next year with some SFL clubs (Beaconsfield, Officer and 1 other confirmed) joining the YVMDFL

Finals are 6 weeks to go.

4 games then a bye week.

A 70% Daniher is still going to be worth it.

1 Like

Incorrect, our finals run has been going for a while now. Every game is a final for us.

I just don’t think he will make it this year is all.

If someone can advise me where he is at in terms of playing next will help

Plus a 70 Daniher is not going to cut it.

It didn’t in first 8 rounds it won’t come match fit players entering finals

1 Like

I don’t think anyone really knows.

Id say its all dependant on finals. If we don’t play finals he wont play for sure.

If we are playing finals he may come back. We put him on ice when it looked like the season was shot.

If Daniher playing is the difference to making a prelim it might be worth the risk.

My point was that JD is always multi teamed and IMHO he does not handle that well. Hooker and Smack do not have the same draw from opponents and anyhow I will submit Smack is a more reliable kick for goal, Hooks not so much. I always shudder when JD has the ball for a set shot within 50 metres. How many times does he waste an excellent build up with a poor finish. Our varied attack of Fants , Brown, Stringer etc puts the opposition under huge pressure when the ball comes down as fast as it does at the moment. IMHO JD would completely stuff up our current forward structure. Play him high, use his height and speed and cause the opposition a huge mismatch problem all over the middle zone, but keep him away from the static F50 area.

2 Likes

“It’s this long”

“I know mate”

1 Like