#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

The problem now is Brown’s got the JD role (from last year) handled reasonably well.
With no Smack and no (fwd) Hooker we need a FF presence more than anything. And the relief ruck minutes.

I’d gamble on Joe (if fit) being worth his spot. 3-4 ■■■■ games carrying an injury has blinded people to just how good he is.
Which is very, very, very good.

I’m not entirely sure why he’s copping the whole brunt of the criticism for the deivery he was getting. He does seem to call for it on his head too often but it’s on the mid (with full vision) to kick to where he should be.

You’d bring him straight back in, not time to come through the 2s.

If we’re confident he can run +12km* then he plays and comes straight back into the 1’s.

*(Probably never done this in his career.)

IIRC, I think you’d find he did that regularly.

Club being very quiet about Joey. This OP must be an absolute son of a ■■■■■. Been 3 months ugh.

Its a general rule… guys like Fyfe who probably had some stress fracture for the GF appearance and played on painkillers for 1 game is not what im talking about… also you will probably find Fyfe told the staff and they gave him permission to play.
Getting someone up for 1 game in the finals is alot diffrent than 5 games underdone in a row early in the season by a player not disclosing it.

Yet he still kicked over 60 goals last year. FFS he is a great player!!

1 Like

I am baffled by the over the top criticism of Daniher. He performed extremely well in the banned year and AA last year says it all about the mans quality.

2 Likes

Or maybe we would have had the game won by half time. Who knows

I don’t get it either. Sure we’ve won without him but a fit Joey would have made us elite!

1 Like

Joey needs to go in Cottonwool
until next year now

At no time have I said we should do with out him. My point is that we structure up better with him high rather than at the top of the square. He performs far better roaming rather than stuck at home. Lloyd at home , Lucas swinging in on his left from 60 Metres out.

1 Like

There is a great deal to like about Smack FF and Daniher CHF and Stringer 3rd tall.

Arguably all 3 can rotate through the centre.

7 Likes

Torn between Brown & Smack as the 2nd big forward option…probably lean towards Brown as he is more than a 1 trick pony…mmmmm its a hard one, Smack can ruck Brown probably can’t. Its a good problem to have.

Agree with Joey at CHF, he is an athlete and will be hard to stop if he uses that athleticism.

1 Like

Woosha said on the AFL website that Daniher is “miles away” from returning. He then qualified it by saying “miles away” as still a few weeks.

1 Like

John “mixed messages” Worsfold. Keep em guessing.

2 Likes

l would count on the midfield giving him better delivery at this stage of the season, hopefully some of the silver foot service they provided V Swans.

The day my daughter is due. Omen?

Is there a female equivalent of Dyson?

1 Like

No surprise really. Get him ready for 2019.

1 Like