#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Time to change the title again?

“In case of finals emergency - break glass.”?

1 Like

I’m a bit worried about Joe.

Will he be able to recover over the pre-season?

I’m worried too. But one thing’s for sure. Bringing him back too early would finish him. Ice him until next year and cross fingers.

From the article

”We’ll train on Wednesday, which hopefully gives us enough time to get most players up to have a good, high-intensity training session ahead of our next match.”

Hopefully?? Maybe some more positive lingo there!!

The words “hopefully” and “most players” makes you wonder how many players are sore. Hope it’s just Crow being laid back.

3 Likes

They’ll decide in the last week of pre-season that surgery is required.
Nothing surer.

2 Likes

Have they officially drawn a line through Marty Gleeson? I didn’t see his name mentioned.

Cleaning lady?

3 Likes

We should be looking at Tom Lynch

FWIW, the AFL site has him about 4 weeks away.

Too expensive.

Adelaide or GCS?

But I agree. I’m not sure I’d be that keen on trading. There’s only a specific couple of player types I’d trade for.

Adelaide Lynch only recently re-signed I believe

Are we still sending him to the VFL?

How to prevent and recover from Osteitis Pubis and groin related injuries
Osteitis pubis (OP) is the most common inflammatory condition of the pubic symphysis and may present as acute abdominal, pelvic, or groin pain.

There are 5 simple and effective ways to help prevent these sort of injuries from reoccurring.

Stretch and warm up properly before exercise - Regardless of what, when and how often you are working out, it is important to prime your muscles beforehand.
Use proper gear - At times of strenuous activity, your body performs better and is less likely to get injured if it’s supported by appropriate workout gear such as footwear and high-quality compression wear, not to mention that CORETECH® specifically helps support deep core muscles and pelvic instability which are the leading factors in injury and re-injury.
Work on the strength and flexibility of key muscles- To be able to work at your peak, you need to be constantly focusing on the strength and flexibility of your different muscle groups.
Take time to rest and recover - In order to increase the performance of your muscles, it is essential that you give yourself some time to recover from the strain of exercise.
Try to avoid activities that cause discomfort - Exercise is a progressive process where, as you become fitter, you are able to handle more stress on your body.

What is Osteitis Pubis anyway?

OP is often referred to as any of the following:

Gilmore’s Groin, Groin Disruption, Inguinal Disruption, Sport’s Groin, Sport’s Hernia, Athletic Pubalgia, Adductor Muscles strain, Hockey hernia or Hockey groin.

It occurs in such athletic activities as distance running, soccer, football, skating, and hockey.The overuse of muscles around the pelvis cause stress on the pelvic joint, and this repeated pressure on the pubis bones can cause the joint to begin eroding.

Osteitis Pubis can be very easily worsened, so it is important to treat your injury immediately and have a basic understanding of how to identify, treat, recover and prevent the injury from reoccurring.

View Supacore CORETECH® products for Osteitis Pubis

HOW TO IDENTIFY OSTEITIS PUBIS

Osteitis Pubis is generally indicated by a slow build-up of tension and pain in the groin area. However, pain in the general upper thigh region can be an indicator as well. It is not uncommon to feel this pain on one side of the pelvis, but not the other. The muscles that suffer most from this inflammation lie on either side of the pelvis. Inflammation can occur on either side or both.

The chronic groin and inner thigh pain associated with Osteitis Pubis is a gradual pain that develops over time. Osteitis Pubis is the result of consistently causing stress to the pubic bone area and is not the outcome of one specific occurrence. However, it is common for an increase in training to set off the pain.

Osteitis Pubis is often caused by the instability of the pelvic joint. This is caused and exacerbated by the unbalanced amount of force used when running or kicking. The instability of this area can also result in groin strains and lower back pain for sufferers of Osteitis Pubis.

An additional way that you can identify whether the pain you’re experiencing is from Osteitis Pubis is to support the area with a compression garment such as Supacore CORETECH® Shorts and Tights that are specifically designed by a physiotherapist to stabilise the pelvis and reduce pain from Osteitis Pubis. Thousands of professional and amateur athletes have benefitted tremendously from the patented sports technology built into CORETECH® products. Check out some of the testimonials here.

Sent from my iPhone

1 Like

II sufferred from chronic groin issues for a couple of seasons, spent thousands of $$ on chiros & physios. Eventually got over it by:

1. Doing heaps of free style swimming in the off season
  2. Using thermo skin pants ( to keep the heat in) and yes
  3. Proper warn up / stretching exercises

Worked for 6 or 7 years until I got lazy

Buy CORETECH®

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s still labouring during the preseason and being held back in the early to mid part of season 2019

On AFL website - Harvey said they’re going to try Joey in a match simulation at the end of the week to see how he goes.

1 Like