#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Same as the first 7 rounds

Friday night perfect game for him to ease into AFL level again

1 Like

As long as he enjoys himself?

1 Like

this would be the perfect moment to announce him playing against port

With finals out of the question, can’t imagine them playing him now.

Its wishful thinking but it would really electrify the game.

Who was the last players to miss a season win th OP. It used to happen a bit, but not so much anymore.

Hope he has healed well. Huge for us next year.

Brad crouch?

How long did Luke Ball miss?
Also West Coke f*cked over Judd by continuing to play him with crook groin(s)

1 Like

That’s what 15 years ago for those guys. Was very prevalent back then.

1 Like

OP prevention is basically adductor strengthening and workload management.
The latter in particular we’re much better at with all the new software tracking running km etc so not surprising to see less overuse injuries like OP, shin splints etc

2 Likes

What’s the bet it’s announced some time in February that the conservative treatment of his OP hasn’t worked and that he needs surgery, should be fine for the last few rounds of 2019 if everything goes to plan…

5 Likes

Is he still coming in? Will he still kick 6?

Yep and Yep. Can’t believe I had to fight with some on here when the injury was first announced that he would be back in a ‘few weeks’. The guy was clearly badly injured and we kept sending him out… whether he told us he was fine is irrelevant… the same with head injuries… the medical staff should know better.

Basically has missed a full season with OP… can only pray his career isn’t plagued by it.

4 Likes

Daniher ready to attack Bombers’ pre-season

22 August 2018 — 8:50am (The Age)

After a disastrous 2018 season, star Essendon forward Joe Daniher is expected to be ready to attack pre-season training from day one.

Daniher hasn’t played since round seven this year after succumbing to osteitis pubis, a chronic groin issue.

The Bombers remained hopeful he would return at some stage this season but have also been at pains to ensure he fully recovers from the debilitating condition.

Joe Daniher is expected to be ready to goon day one of pre-season.

Photo: AAP

As recently as last week, Daniher expressed a desire to play again this season but, with the club’s finals hopes dashed, the focus has shifted to preparing for next year.

“That’s the aim … that’s what we’ve been working towards,” coach John Worsfold said of Daniher’s likelihood of full participation on day one.

"That’s why we took the aggressive action early in the year to really work out what was happening with him and what his issues were, then put things into place.

"You need your best players, and all of your squad, as fit and as available as you can have them.

"I know Joe is really excited. He’s really missed playing footy this year. He just has fun playing the game and he hasn’t been able to do that.

“He can’t wait to get back into it and I’ll be pretty excited to have him up and going as well.”

Essendon will farewell veteran Brendon Goddard after Friday night’s season finale against Port Adelaide after they decided not to offer the defender a new contract.

He’s the first change to be made to the playing list, but after welcoming trade targets Adam Saad, Jake Stringer and Devon Smith last year, Worsfold won’t make wholesale changes as he looks to push back into the top eight.

“I’m not expecting a big list turnover,” he said.

"We’ll actively explore (trade) options but whether we actually get anything done is an unknown.

“We’re open to adding to our list via trades … it’s one way that we’ve got to improve our list and there’s not too many of them so we should explore that.”

3 Likes

I would have thought he would be ready for this on Monday.

EDIT: I have argued about this with my son, and have only just found some indication that goon is intended as a derogatory racial reference, in relation to cask wine.

My apologies.

I will argue against its use in future, given it is a common term these days without people realising its racist origins.

See definition no. 5

4 Likes

That’s something I’ve always wondered, does the club or do the players foot the bill for Mad Monday?

I wouldn’t imagine so, and please also note my apology above, I had been convinced that this wasn’t a racist term, but now I realise it is. Sorry to @Bomb_Doe as well.

1 Like

SCarey you are one of the least offensive people on here.

6 Likes

no probs and no need to apologise to me SCarey.
fyi - I went back to check the article in case I’d inadvertently edited it during copy-paste. Nup - the typo is on their site.

1 Like