#6 Joe Daniher - wants out of Tulla on the full

He will run into some form soon…
I hope.

2 Likes

As noted elsewhere, him and Begley were the literal difference with their 0.8…

7 Likes

Same sh** different season. Selfish and dumb

3 Likes

In his 6th season is it too much to expect him to be a reliable kick at goal

3 Likes

The arrogance of him letting the whole stadium know he was going for home from 70 in the last quarter. Painful.

1 Like

The guy has played 4 games in a year. The fact that he has looked as damaging as he has at times in those 4 games, and on ANZAC Day he nearly won us the game, is a pretty decent outcome.
It will eventually click for Joe if he can stay on the park this year. Peaking in May was always going to be highly unlikely.
We look much better with him in the side. Be patient. It will come.

8 Likes

Needs to do the team thing more often. Low percentage kicks aren’t going to win us games.
Until he has his kicking back, he needs to know that he plays a role.

1 Like

Was perfect. We needed to burn down the clock. He did exactly what he should have done.

6 Likes

Shame he didn’t wink.
That would have been perfect.

4 Likes

I’ve been seeing comments like this for years. For the record, how many years do we give him before we call enough? For the record, it’s been 6 so far.

2 Likes

He has barely improved his one-on-one body work since he was drafted, it’s what is holding him back from being the complete package… well that and his accuracy.

4 Likes

Yep does some low percentage stuff with more than kicking

Stop thr dumb free kicks Joe when your team mates have worked hard to get the ball down to the forward line.

Coaches need to get un his ear.

1 Like

He was only doing that to chew up time and he was making sure the umps gave him 30 sec.
He did at least half a dozen far more painful things. Had a shocker really.
I really wish he’d stop flying for so many stupid marks and just try and square the contest when he’s out of position

1 Like

I’d hardly say he had a shocker. Should’ve had at least 3 goals but wasn’t kicking straight. Contested hard in the ruck and had 2 goal assists, 16 touches, 7 contested. Him playing means we get to drop Clarke. Wasn’t a good game but he plays a role even when not on song

12 Likes

Farking love this guy but gee he can be a massive unco at times!

Dunno why the hate has played like 3 and a half games in 2 years

You all have short memories, you get about 4 weeks of unco Danniher to get his touch back, then he delivers a b & f season

the reason he’s so valuable is he flies for those marks and usually takes em

just have to wait till he starts to take them

2 Likes

I was shocked recently to find out that Joe Daniher is actually 25 now, sometimes I feel he plays like he’s a second or third year touted youngster climbing that arc of potential. Sometimes to me it seems as if he’s still an unfinished article. To be fair like Fish back in the day he’s a gangly tall who has spent a lot of time in the sick bay with long term injury but I just feel there’s a few creases to straighten out. As good a footballer he is, I always get the feeling there could be more considering how good his best is.

2 Likes

JD continues to play school yard footy which is extremely frustrating and which is more often or not detrimental to the teams performance - Doubt he has the capacity to change his ways.

4 Likes

A bomber supporter behind me at the game remarked “You just can’t rely on him.”

Unfortunately, right now, that’s very true.

4 Likes

He should’ve kicked 2 or 3, and if he did that we’d be talking about his game far differently. I agree, he plays like a 1st-2nd year player and he’s now in his 7th season. I think it was in the 3rd, he’s got his man under the ball, all he needs to do is protect the space and take the mark, and he flies for a highly unlikely hanger and gives away a free for going up too early. That is the kind of stuff where he needs to use his brain a bit more. The great thing is, athletically at least he looks back. He’s flying for marks, getting around the ground well. He just needs a good body of work behind him to find his range. The signs are positive.

11 Likes