#6 Joe Daniher - wants out of Tulla on the full

He’s into his 7th year doing dumb sh*t i watch my cousin do in under 16s, weekly. Its gotta stop. It hurts us

7 Likes

You are a true hero.

He’s also only done that once in 7 years. Lots of guys have had one off great seasons. I personally think it’ll be interesting if he can get back to that level. I might get shot down for this but i have questions if he can. He’s just a really, really sh*t kick and he’s too inconsistent

Dont get me wrong. He’s a enormous talent. But i dunno if he’ll ever get to that “superstar” level. I hope he can, but i think its a legitimate question if he can ever replicate another 65 goal season

4 Likes

I think Joey is too driven not to try to get back to his best and he’ll give it a massive crack to get there and beyond. It’s probably what makes him do those bad bits on the field. He believes in himself and thinks he can do something amazing to help the team. And yes he can, but he lets it get the better of him sometimes.

He needs to play smarter when deciding what to do and play the percentages when it makes sense. If he was going for those pack marks and he brings the ball the ground then that’s fine, it provides a loose ball for the forwards. But when his timing is off he instead gives away a free and that hurts us.

2 Likes

The back end of 2015, and 2016, Daniher was pretty good too.

So, essentially, he strung together 2 and a half good seasons (progressively getting better in each), got injured and now has to work back to it. I agree his kicking isn’t great but you might be jumping the gun on him a bit.

1 Like

He’s not a very smart footballer. That’s something you can’t really fix.

3 Likes

As Paul Roos was saying.

When you’re 200cm tall you don’t need to be trying to take mark of the year every time.

He sometimes just needs to split the contest instead of giving away frees

6 Likes

This

It’s just not on.

Selfish non team orientated dumb football.

Even if he was kicking goals (which he missed them all this week) it’s just giving the ball back to opposition with free kicks / not getting it ground for our smalls to do damage / lock the footy in.

Probably only Jack Riewoldt of the star fwds of the comp would do this at times but he does the right thing the vast majority of the time though and seemingly is far more accurate goal kicker

As a senior player and leader now JD has got to be better than he is with that side of his game

4 Likes

Can you please sign below if you’re on the no good, trade, delist bandwagon?

When he kicks 5 this week I’d like to send personalised cards.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Is there a room for improvement bandwagon?

3 Likes

Not on the internet.

1 Like

As people have said, kick those very gettable goals and he’d have a very different game. People also forget, his development was compromised because of the OP. He was building nicely into his career. So, he’s essentially having to rebuild his form/consistency… he’ll get there. Gee, he was good first game back against North, then brilliant against the Pies. Understandably, after peaking early he had a flat one against a very organised Cats defence. He had a break, then was scratchy coming back. Reckon people are a bit tough on the bloke 4 games into his comeback.

3 Likes

I’ll make it an event, here are some invites to watch him kick a big bag on Dreamtime!

Joe%20invite

5 Likes

Yeah, the thing about “if he kicks them gettable goals” will he said throughout his whole career. Its not going to change. He’s set shot stuff is garbage. You never know where it’ll go. Reminds me of travis cloke. One week he’ll kick 6.1, the next will be 1.7

7 Likes

No ones on that bandwagon. He’s more talanted than 3/4 of the side. He just needs to play smarter

3 Likes

If Joe gets the chances enough to have 4 goals but doesn’t get anywhere near 4 goals then he’s failed in his role.

JD is great…

Wait til we have Mckernan or Brown back next to him.

Joe is reflective of Essendon the club. Loads of talent, each year expected to get better with the development of his talent, but still doing the same dumb ■■■■ and stuffing up every time you think he is finally breaking through with some consistency.

I think McKernan in the side would help him as he best season was when hooker was around. In saying that we already have issues locking the ball in and having daniher, mckernan and stringer in the forward line together the ball might bounce out pretty quickly with their defensive pressure.

I reckon his set shot goal kicking is worlds ahead of where it was.

Less shots going out of bounds now-a-days, and most of his shots are close. No stats, just observation.

4 Likes

Mark of the year is the only thing we have won in nearly 20 years bar the rising star award. Be grateful.