#6 Joe Daniher - wants out of Tulla on the full

We also won goal of the year in 2007.

1 Like

and that spoon a few years back

Too soon Doe… too soon.

5 Likes

He has all the talent in the world, he just doesn’t have the attitude to match the talent.

He is in his 7th year. He still does stupid non team things

His set shots are still very inconsistent

If he cut down the flashy stuff and replaced that with a team oriented mindset he would be a superstar of the game

He is tall enough and has a long enough reach that he doesn’t need to be flying for mark of the year all the time. Just stick to the basics

2 Likes

The stats support it.

1 Like

I wish people would stop saying that he ‘flies for mark of the year every time’ - because he doesn’t. When he goes for a high mark, it stands out and everyone is in anticipation. That’s all. He gets up high - so it’s more spectacular. Stop repeating everything you hear. Maybe count things for yourself when watching a game. Yes, there are times when crashing the pack or tapping the ball down would be the better option. It’s not all the time.

3 Likes

Yes, well now that is done and dusted, let’s try and move on by winning games and getting into the 8.

I understand the critisizim. But he has played very little footy in the past too seasons and his judgement is off.

His aggression when the ball is on the ground is great though. Yes he gave away a free kick or two. But when he tackles he means business.

Needs a few more games to get his judgement back. I for one hope he keeps flying for marks, because once that judgement comes back he will tear games apart again.

His goal kicking will be something we will have to learn to live with.

Could have easily kicked 4. And didn’t play anywhere near his best footy.

1 Like

Then all you lot would be complaining about how vanilia all our players are. Like a few years back.

Just kidding certainly have a point.

I recon some of it is caused by the op back man blocking. Instead of the pack flying for the ball they stop short of where the ball will land land. Joe always leaps early and high and if the player in front of him does block he doesn’t get to the ball. If they don’t block and fly for the ball, Joe jumps over them and clunk’s it.

1 Like

No doubting Joe’s skills and importance to the team but yeah this mark of the year attempt at every contest has been going on for years.

Just needs a bit more footy smarts to bring the ball to ground or nullify a 2 v 1 contest

It’s like he’s barely played senior footy for two years…

3 Likes

4 games ago he destroyed Darcy Moore the new AA FB elect and the media’s new darling in his 2nd game back from a LTI, He most definitely can get back to his best and better.

8 Likes

You’re looking at it the wrong way. That’s the year we won Andy McGrath!

2 Likes

It was an excellent win.
What have Fark Carlton won with all of theirs?

1 Like

Once in seven years, but find me any forward in his first 3-4 years who can output that level? Surely you write the first few seasons off as development years when making a statement like that

1 Like

I have zero concerns about him getting back to his best, if fit.

The ‘if fit’ is the bit I worry about.

5 Likes

I mean, it’s taken them 5 goes, but Sam Walsh looks an absolute superstar. Was the only Carlton midfielder who looked decent yesterday.

1 Like

Looks just about ready to start dominating again.

Physically he looks great. Seems to have most of his athleticism back already which is a massive bonus and looked to cover the ground really well.

Once Smack is back playing the deep forward and Joe plays his more traditional roaming forward role he’s going to be very hard to stop.

Hamling is a very good defender and Joe has him covered on most occasions but couldn’t finish off his good work.

I expect that will change in coming weeks. Looks primed.

3 Likes

This Joey Thread is actually wonderfully optimistic.
After two years of questioning-
Will he ever play again?
How did the Club fark him up?
He’ll never be as good even if he plays?
All that inside information proving he was cooked/ wouldn’t play before mid year/ has broken down again.

And know we’re back to Joey at his best.
Can he kick straight?
Is he a stupid footballer?
Will he stop staging for free kicks?
Will he ever be an all time great?

Good times.

He is still playing, still enjoying his football, We all know what he is capable of and his presence is immense.

We all should be thankful that he hasn’t gone the way of Tom Boyd with all the things that have gone wrong SAGA, injuries, lots of scrutiny.

3 Likes