#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

My belief is that Daniher is trying to shape it the wrong way or not even thinking about the shape. Ive found the kickers or kicks that shape the ball away from the body are the most accurate. In golf terms that would be the fade or most recent example being Stringers set shot from the boundary. It’s more of an up and under that doesn’t travel as far but they have less deviation.
There’s plenty of options to improve but I’d recommend understanding/ experiment ball flight and shorter slower controlled run up.

I predict that Joe will have his kicking sorted out from here on.

He will be switched on for ANZAC day after last week when he started coming good.

The debacle of the Bulldogs game is probably the equivalent of the Melbourne game last year in terms of being a turning point …

… I hope.

1 Like

A lot of worry over a player that is down in confidence but still trying to find a way to contribute. 6 goals from 4 games in a team that played awfully for 3 of those… The situation could be much worse.

I think the goal kicking accuracy (which will never be his strong point - but it wasn’t Franklins/Richo’s either) will improve with the confidence… they go hand in hand.

I also hope he keep playing on instinct. Yes he will stuff it up sometimes and it will look horrible… but it will also create moments/terms/games of pure match winning brilliance.

I think we all saw signs of form recovery last week and I hope that continues on Wednesday. If he was still our of form come round 10/11 and not contributing then maybe you worry but I’m pretty confident he will sort it out sooner rather than later.

I hope Daniher is watching the Norf game. Ben Brown has gone past him.

2 Likes

Ben Brown is getting fantastic delivery from the midfield.

That being said, he is finding more space. Our forwards seem to group together making everything a pack mark contest.

Not really, Daniher has always looked better working up the ground as a CHF. Brown is more a traditional lead out FF. Which isn’t to say Daniher is in good form currently, he isn’t. However he is either carrying an injury or playing a role that doesn’t suit him as he is moving a lot less than he normally does.

Hoping his last ten minutes last week flicked the switch for him. Hardly spectacular but a few marks on the lead and set shot snags will have done his confidence the world of good. If we can get him a cheap one out the back early on Wednesday (commonly known as a Sidebottom) I reckon he’ll be back.

2 Likes

Just before Daniher kicked his first (I think) goal last week he was on the floor and Stringer picked him up and it looked like he had a word with him. In my head I hope that settled him and he’ll be a beast on Wednesday

2 Likes

Really hope he has a big game this week. Pies fans would love giving it to him if he stinks it up after his awesome game last year

There better be a lot of ■■■■■■■ finger twirling on Wednesday!

2 Likes

Need to have Danniher when Tippa is in the centre, and Tippa when Danniher is in there. These two are magic like magic stars together.

I think he will have a big game today, more time on the ball moving around the ground will be good for him. Loves a big crowd, the boys should really try and get him an early goal.

Looks like a raw teenager.
He’s 24.

2 Likes

I reckon he’s adopted. No Daniher grunt

Getting beaten by Lyndon Dunn

Drop him. Just lazy

1 Like

Down to the seconds until he can show some effort and at a minimum hit a point. Sick of him kicking out on the full and weak efforts

2 Likes

Players have been dropped for showing more. Needs a wake up call.

Either give him a week off or drop him to the reserves.

Hes useless at the moment

3 Likes

How many oob