#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

GOON IS GOD

This isn’t the kind of preparation I would expect from a leader…

I never realised he was such a tight ■■■■.
His wage, and he sinks goon.

One day I will tell you my “Goon refilled with Bourbon” Tale.

1 Like

This feels a bit revisionist. He played until round seven despite it having been obvious for a long time Joe wasn’t moving well

2 Likes

To quote Winston Smith (1984), “Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past.”

2 Likes

Relax everyone I’ve reported SCarey to the mods

13 Likes

tenor

3 Likes

I’ve never heard any racial connotations with respect to goon.

I just thought it was either the henchman of an unsavoury individual, or cask wine.

5 Likes

Unlike that lacist cheese!

I am possibly being over cautious, but it is a word that is associated with Aboriginal drunkeness, in some parts, and possibly of Aboriginal origin (some sources say it is derived from the Aboriginal word for pillow or alchohol and water, but the origin is uncertain).

I get very upset about the association of Aboriginal people and alcohol. On one level I know that the rate of Aboriginal alcoholism is less than that of the rest of the community, but because of having an outdoor lifestyle (particularly up north) it is much more obvious.

But in particular, having previously worked as a nurse in a remote area, I have been exposed too much tragedy related to alcohol consumption which makes it too touchier topic for me to make light of.

I also think I don’t like the word because it sounds too much like ■■■■ which I really object to, when not used in the context of cheese.

4 Likes

You do realise your just quoting racists posting on urban dictionary right? Anyone can and do post on it… completely unmoderated.

Goon is a mainstream term for cask wine because it makes one silly or foolish. Ie hammered drunk…

It’s never been a term associated with one particular race of people.

1 Like

Meh.
I know this may be controversial, but words are just farkin words. The intent is what counts to me.
Someone can call me a wog and it wouldn’t effect me. Another could use a relatively inoffensive term but with malice and get smacked in the mouth without a moments hesitation.

6 Likes

Goon is just a shortening of flagoon.

2 Likes

Yes, I could be completely wrong, but not just looking at the urban dictionary

http://ozwords.org/?p=6721

But, I suspect I’m on my own here.

1 Like

true about urban dictionary - I created an entry on @wimmera1 many moons ago.

20 Likes

I lament that I have but one like to give.

Crap music lover! Yeah c’mon…come at me bro!

I know you love me xxx

1 Like

Thought the starting letter was different for the racist term