#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

RIP in peace our finger twirling prince

2 Likes

I guess on the plus side - he didn’t get a full pre-season when he won the B&F either…

3 Likes

I heard a variation of the redbull report. I was told last week that Joey is going along according to plan and that he is doing gym work and swimming to strengthen whatever needs to be stronger. Full scale running will start after this program is completed and that he is on track to play “early” next year.

While all this did not fill my heart with complete joy and excitment, it was not as dire as the redbull !!

6 Likes

It is obviously a critical concern.

All we can do is hope. He is a hell of a footballer, but still has a lot to work on to be his best. Frustrating that he has now missed so much footy at a critical time in his development.

Maybe that isn’t too dissimilar to what I heard - just they are working to strengthen it but can’t work out why it isn’t working. The no running until post Christmas was my big concern but you mention swimming which could be a relatively good substitute.

I have no farking idea, but the guy who told me is a physio somehow related to the Club. He did also tell me that osteitis pubis is best treated by rest and that running on hard surfaces is not considered until all symptoms are gone. He said it is rare that this ends a career, but you need to be very cautious. Reckons there are good results with new treatments, requiring “injections”; his name is not Dank.

So we will know if Joey is on track, if he starts running, albeit on spongy surfaces.

3 Likes

i hope he has been spending plenty of time in the gym and comes back an absolute beast.

I want to see him jumping on heads, marking at the highest point and monstering backmen till the early morn…

1 Like

Glad it was just “early onset” OP that was most definitely not made worse while playing him for 8+ weeks injured, including 3 games in 8 days.

8 months later and he is still not running… that is exactly what many of us suspected… full blown… stage 3… completely farked OP.

Just hope he gets it right to have an impact next season… he is a key part of a tilt imo.

4 Likes

ANNOUNCE MCNERNAN

oh, wait…

8 Likes

His name is McKernan, isn’t it?

When do we salary cap dump him?

Mitch Brown has settled into CHF with a less dodgy looking mo’ & better set shot kicking!

Pray for JD

1 Like

I don’t know who that is.

Anybody?

3 Likes

It will be interesting to see if he changes his game at all.

OP even if recovered can lead to permanent changes in athletic performance. Think Myers or Judd who become inside players after OP robbed them off pace.

Joeys career to date has been driven a lot by superior athletic ability, his jumping etc. When he comes back will this be 100% or will he need to alter his approach and become a more traditional FF.

1 Like

This seriously ■■■■■■ me off if he’s legit cooked. Joe’s my favourite player… I’ve actually followed him from under 18’s… only player I’ve ever done it for.

I’ve been spruiking IRL to every c*nt who’ll listen for the last 5-6 years that Daniher will be a top 5 player in the comp by 2020ish.

Love the boy.

One of the reasons I endured that ■■■■ sandwich banned player year was to watch Danigawd develop.

Fck this.

3 Likes

This place is just insane.

4 Likes

Hey, we resemble that comment!

2 Likes

Calm the f@rk down. you people are insane

3 games in 8 days is the best treatment for op

3 Likes