#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

For some reason I thought Darcy and Joe were cousins not brothers.

I’ve been worried about Joe for a while. Worried that OP is so hard to recover/treat. Worried we might not see the best of him.

You mean SmackNernan?

1 Like

Could hold weight too in that we re-signed the three tall forwards.

Please be okay, Joe.

Interesting reading.

4 Likes

Essendon looked its best in 2018 without Daniher.

Without an unfit Daniher

We probably would have won those close late season games if we’d had him fit and firing as he’s a match winner.

11 Likes

That’s because when we had Daniher we were playing with 21 players and an onlooker.

4 Likes

We Should Play Him Unfit

7 Likes

That’s what that means. I always wondered…

2 Likes

Old school forward line with Hurls, Ambrose with Stringer. Reminds me of when we had Hurls, Crameri and the other guy…

“Low level” OP

Yes we hope
come on Joey - recover speedily and fully
we love you

4 Likes

Wonder when he’ll return? Pick a date where he has had a proper build up if all goes to plan and add a bit more just to be safe. We showed we could win without him, and we should plan the first part of the season without him.

What’s the feeling when it’ll be (I know, stupid question of guessing)?
Second half of the season?
Second half of the second half of the season?

It’s going to be a tough time for Joey, the club and the supporters to get this right. Hope it works out.

McKernan, Brown and a revitalised Stewart may well be enough.

You reckon we got tall depth? My oath we do. There’s also a Hooker forward argument. Flexible us.

Heard some hopeful news regarding Joe today from a reliable source.

He has been overseas whilst continuing to focus on his rehab and at this stage they are targeting a pre-season return to training.

I am sure it will still be a heavily managed / no risk approach but the current feeling remains positive and the news is certainly better than it might have otherwise been.

48 Likes

please be true.

Good news (if true ), really hope he gets a full pre season!

Don’t we all hope he is fit and firing in 2019. With him, I think, Top Four. Without, probably not.

1 Like