#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

you need a bigger phone…?

4 Likes

A fit and firing JD is the most important factor in us winning a flag.

3 Likes

Let’s hope he also jettisons the fake getting jettisoned from the pack. He’s one of my favourite players, but that was embarrassing by him on many occasions last year. Will be interesting to see how he handles the abolishment of hands in the back rule. May even help him against shorter opponents.

4 Likes

Cooked. Won’t play until June 2019.

1 Like

That’s a relief.
Based on your posting history- we’re getting Brad Crouch, Martin, Scully, and splitting Pick 9 - I’m now confident we’ll see a fit and firing Joe Round 1.

8 Likes

That’s what they get for slow roasting him. Should’ve used the microwave and he’d be well on the road to recovery by now.

1 Like

Per @Incoming1 he’s overseas, and from @Stressed_out he’s already running

So sounds like a while yet. Hope he knows how to swim.

2 Likes

apparently swimming is good for osteitis pubis, so win win

1 Like

still a better track record than @alex.f.94 though

i wonder if he likes boobs as well?

11 Likes

Keep the salt coming mate

What did you do to him?

you accidentally a word.

3 Likes

Was going to make a crass joke but edited my post, didn’t proofread it afterwards.

Never said we were getting anyone, but certainly got good mail on Shiel :wink:

Just reporting what I hear - if you think this makes me happy, then I must be in the wrong place.

No salt. Just pointing out that you have no credibility.

1 Like

Joe Daniher set to be fully fit for Essendon’s Round 1 clash after injury-plagued 2018 season

Chris Cavanagh, Herald Sun

October 30, 2018 7:57pm

Subscriber only

ESSENDON is confident Joe Daniher will be “cherry ripe” for Round 1 after having his 2018 campaign wiped out by groin problems, believing the time off could prove a blessing in disguise for the key forward.

What was diagnosed as early onset of osteitis pubis and initially expected to see Daniher miss just four weeks ended up sidelining the 24-year-old for the rest of the season after Round 7.

HIGH HOPES: NEW BOMBER’S PREMIERSHIP DREAM

FIXTURE WOE: AFL FORCED TO DELAY 2019 DRAW

BLAIR GONE: PIES DUMP SIX IN LIST CHANGES

Essendon expects Joe Daniher to be ready to go in Round 1, 2019. Picture: AAP

Daniher kicked 65 goals in 2017 but finished this year with just eight majors as he failed to make an anticipated late-season return.

Speaking at the launch of Essendon’s new sponsorship agreement with Amart Furniture, Bombers coach John Worsfold said Daniher was “fresh” and could benefit from spending most of the year away from the playing field.

“Often what I’ve seen in my time in footy, the young, really talented big young kids they do play early because they’re so talented but it takes a big toll on their bodies because they’re getting hit by guys that are 20kg heavier than them while they’re still growing,” Worsfold said.

“(This) has got Joe’s injury right but it’s helped his whole body grow without getting bashed so I think it will be a massive benefit for the rest of his footy career. He’s been doing a mountain of work and can’t wait to get back into it.

“He hasn’t done full training yet and played a game so it’s hard to tell where he’s at.

“(But) his program so far is tracking along exactly how we want it.”

Dylan Shiel looks right at home wearing Essendon colours in the middle of the MCG. Picture: Jason Edwards

The Bombers secured Greater Western Sydney’s Dylan Shiel during the recent trade period, with Daniher shaping as a virtual recruit to join the new midfielder next year.

“He’s like another new recruit as well for 2019,” Essendon captain Dyson Heppell said of Daniher.

“He’s been at the club most days throughout the off-season and starting to get his body right. He’ll progress slowly throughout the pre-season when we come back but hopefully he’ll be cherry ripe come Round 1.”

The Bombers also confirmed defender Mark Baguley, 31, has signed a one-year deal to play on next year

8 Likes

Just over 12 hour after your quality news.

2 Likes

Mate if you can’t tell that half the time I’m talking absolute trash and not taking myself or what I say seriously at all, then I don’t know what to tell you. I don’t purport to be credible at all

2 Likes

wheres hookey these days,bernard says hello!