#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

All we want is a fit and healthy Joey back with the confidence of his 2017 self. He worked out his kicking to kick straight through the ball for shots at goal.

6 Likes

Love hearing Sandy Roberts say “Daniher!” Reminds me of the 80s and 90s.

6 Likes

To be fair, he played til round 8 injured and waiting for supply from a midfield that wasn’t yet producing the goods. The inside 50 differential from round 9 onward would have made his life much easier.
The big lesson from a JD perspective is not to play injured players.

That lesson has been known for a long time. It’s a hard one to implement because 65% from a not-so-right STAR can feel potentially better than 100% from a second tier trier.

1 Like

I think Sheedy has said about the 2001 Grand Final was is better to play an injured James Hird or a fit Cory McGrath?

Always was going to be a tough decision.

1 Like

i honestly cant remember is Cory McGrath was any good.

edit: i just wikid him. clearly not if we traded him to fark carlton

what exactly was the situation with Long in that GF? Was he any genuine chance to play and did he really re-do his hammy a couple of days before the game?
If he was able to play would he have made any difference or was he basically done as a player anyway?

Its Joe Daniher still alive?
I thought his legs had fallen off due to gross mismanagement and he would never walk again, let alone football.

2 Likes

No, he’s perfectly fit and anyone who says he’s not is an idiot, and how could they even know since they’re not at the club?
Remember?

5 Likes

Um, I’m pretty sure he’s still serving the club suspension

6 Likes

Jeez, I hope 2017 Joey is back for 2019. Reports so far haven’t been very convincing, as in not much data to go by. Has he even gone for a 5km run yet?

Easy to say he “should be” cherry ripe and that he’s tracking well if his training load has barely gotten off the ground.

And blokes generally do a 3km time trial when training starts back don’t they, so I’ll be happy when I see him complete that and participate with the main group in all activities.

I know I sound like Debbie-Downer but the club is in full membership-drive-hyper-mode so I’d expect they’d be more vocal about Daniher if he was super fit.

Though on that line of thought I guess they could still be riding the Sheil wave so might be saving the Gumby training pics for a couple of weeks time.

2 Likes

Wasn’t he traded to Sydney?

Freudian.

But seriously Gumbleton is gonna be GREAT - just look how rapt Sheeds is - looks about 10 years younger!

2b0071712f2bcf5ccd86e2f0081a159f

Hahaha! So true! As I was writing I was thinking of the old Gumby pics that would get posted on blitz, 20m high marks, etc.

I really meant to write Daniher though.

Daniher, fit and firing, on top of our last 14 games form plus Sheil could make us one of the greatest teams of all time

3 Likes

Mate, this pic makes my heart skip a beat

man this guy could be the best forward in the league

1 Like

I what could have been if his back and hamstrings weren’t made of fairy floss.

Hoping Joe is fully fit and working hard on his goal kicking. Very handy inclusion!

1 Like

Zerrett posted a photo of him and Joey at Arsenals training ground on his insta story. maybe doing training there? or just 'avin a ganda?

1 Like

Essendon begins pre-season training, but Joe Daniher another week away from resuming

Chris Cavanagh, Herald Sun

November 12, 2018 4:39pm

Subscriber only

A bulked-up Joe Daniher is on track to begin pre-season training next week after a host of his Essendon teammates officially began their preparation for season 2019.

Senior players including captain Dyson Heppell, ruckman Tom Bellchambers and forwards Jake Stringer and Orazio Fantasia returned to Tullamarine a week early to join the Bombers’ second-to-fourth-year players on the first day of pre-season on Monday.

Daniher — who was sidelined after Round 7 this year with early onset of osteitis pubis — was nowhere to be seen but has been at the club in recent weeks training in the gym.

JOHN WORSFOLD: WE’RE READY TO FLY

PICK SWAP? WHY BLUES MIGHT TRADE FIRST PICK

RECRUITER: ROSS LYON DIDN’T WANT CYRIL

The 24-year-old will join the rest of the playing group when they resume training next week.

“He’s been in (the club) a lot of the time in the break. I think he’s put on a few kilos,” Essendon assistant coach Hayden Skipworth said of Daniher.

Still looking forward to that chat? Probs need to vet your sources.

3 Likes