#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Unless someone actually kicks the door down in pre season you’d think so.

You are probably correct
howevet I am told Clarke will be a very pleasant surprise

2 Likes

Agreed. But they’ll also need to learn a bit about the way the combinations work. (And that includes the way the talls combine with the mediums as well).

Daniher, McKernan, Brown, Clarke, Stringer, Laverde, etc etc It will be all about finding the right chemistry, and finding it quickly. None of McKernan’s good form last year was with Daniher in the side. They’ll need to learn how to maximise the impact when working together.

2 Likes

lt will come down in large part to preseason form. Who offers us more?
SMack McNurnan is probably more of a presence in the forward line, with a good attack on the ball, but his deficiencies in the ruck limit his effectiveness.
Clarke more competent in the ruck and has also kicked goals but at a lower level.

Then there is the chemistry either can develop with Joe Dan, which might take a little while to develop. It isn’t even 100 % certain Joe will be read for R1, but if he is you would think he is a walk up start. So the other 2 are competing for the same position. Then there is Mitch Brown, while not a ruck is also competing for a tall forward spot and acquitted himself quite well when given his chance.

Lots of different pieces still to be juggled and shifted around to fit into this puzzle. Early days yet, this picture won’t become clear until a couple of weeks before the season begins.

By who, his mum?

Clarke is back up. There are far better forward options than him

1 Like

Yeah, but this is Blitz. Mosquito hasn’t even trained with us properly and he’s being mentioned as a potential starter already.

I guess it is a new pre-season though so anything could happen, but I think our best 22 last year was pretty good and there’s already a queue of young blokes who have shown a lot at VFL level who will be hard to overtake.

With only TBC as a genuine ruckman and Draper lacking experience the ruckman position is probably the least competed for, so Zac might have a chance.

1 Like

Allowing Clarke to ruck would also mean Joe would not be needed to provide a chop out for TBC. How important is that? Considering the OP l reckon it has b=to be factored. SMack does not fill me with any confidence when he goes into the ruck, even against other second string rucks. McNurnan’s lack of nouse will be found out even more and exploited by other teams as part of their tactical planning. l do like the physical presence he provides in he forward line, when he engages full beat mode, he is a rampaging beast. Zac strikes me more as a Clarke Kent type by comparison.

1 Like

2 Likes

As in Zac Clarke Kent.

1 Like

I thought he tightened up his technique significantly in 2017 and the majority of his goals were still from set shots. After the Melbourne game it was very rare that he missed any simple shots where in the past he was extremely dodgy even from 20 metres.

3 Likes

I’d think it’s McKernan OR Clarke, but not both in the one team if TBC is playing.

And a lot depends on whether teams go back to two rucks, one often resting forward.

McKernan would be likely to play forward, giving TBC the occasional chopout.

The fact that joe is still not training with the group is concerning.

I hope I’m wrong but OP plagued Chris Judd career lost his ability to run for long distances.

He has had a very long rest which is the best treatment for OP

He is busting to return

He will be fine

5 Likes

I’I’m already getting used to life without him. Written him off.

1 Like

You don’t happen to have a car or a house that you have written off??? Have I got a deal for you.

1 Like

what a kent

1 Like

What people seem to forget is, it’s only this year he’s had this injury. It’s not 2019 yet.
Obviously with all long term injuries, including Gleeson, the club is taking it slow to make sure they are ready for NEXT YEAR.
Plenty of time to make sure he’s up and about for (hopefully) Round 1.

1 Like

COOKED

1 Like

Joe Done-iher

3 Likes

Merge thread