#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

fixed

Has he been sprinting? I haven’t seen that. I have seen him running at medium pace.

Full training is within sight”: Essendon GM provides Daniher update

By SEN

Essendon GM of Football Dan Richardson says Joe Daniher is on track to return to full training if he continues his encouraging progress in his recovery from a groin injury.

The forward has started to increase his training volume but has yet to join in with the club’s main group during the pre-season.

Daniher, 24, played the opening seven games of the 2018 season before being ruled out indefinitely and ultimately missing the remainder of the campaign.

“He’s progressing well,” Richardson told SEN Breakfast .

“He’s started doing a little bit more ball work type stuff, very limited at this stage, but we feel comfortable with the progression he’s making.

“It’s an injury that is difficult to put a timeline on, but if Joe continues to progress the way he is and the symptoms don’t flare up again, we would hope that joining into full training is within sight, without putting a definitive timeframe on that.

“I understand everyone would love a more definitive timeline, but all I can say is that we’re confident with the way he’s progressing right now.”

Essendon take on GWS in their 2019 season opener on March 24th at Spotless Stadium.

4 Likes

C’mon, give us a timeline!
Then we can say you farkin lied!

12 Likes

This is exactly why they’re being so conservative with their predictions on Joey. People hound them for info and the second any of it is wrong they throw a tantrum. I comfortable we can cover him so it’ll just be a massive bonus when he gets back.

2 Likes

Thought I read he was doing sprints.
Apologies if I’ve got that wrong.

1 Like

I think that was “he’s doing spirits”
Possibly a Jake Brady post.

or maybe not
1 Like

They don’t have a timeline themselves really on top of that, more complex/unpredictable than other injuries.

It’s just progress him slowly through each stage as he feels comfortable doing. But also likely hold him back as well erring on side of caution

Based on how he is running around at training it’s tracking in right direction so can only assume he will be fine. If it’s not rd1 so be it.

1 Like

yep

He’s been sprinting. I don’t know if 100pc but damn close to it.

1 Like

Given our history with spreadsheets I think we’re wary of doing timelines.

1 Like

Lol, he sounds cooked

What a huge fk up. People wonder why certain posters bag the club and are critical with this situation? “Early onset OP” round fkn 6 last year has turned into mid January not knowing when the fk he will be back, and sounding still a long way off

Save us the bullsh*t. The club was “confident” with how he was tracking 6 months ago.

1 Like

Sit tight, stay confident

Think I posted this earlier but I’d be shocked if we saw him playing this side of ANZAC Day. Personally I think he’s a ways off yet.

1 Like

You think the club were telling him to go out and play sore?

They were aware of the groin issue from the previous season so why would it be hard to believe that they were telling him to go out there sore?

“That will be a minimum of four weeks (on the sidelines), but we’ll be taking as long as required to make sure that Joe is fully recovered and available to play at his best.”

Pretty truthful statement as it turns out.

1 Like

Yep, he was pretty spot on with his prediction.

Makes for pretty hard reading in hindsight though.

You think an AFL club would do that?
Just go and tell a player to play sore?

1 Like

I’d say all players would have soreness they endure through course of season, Hep for example plays with it & manages it.

Daniher it seems was not letting on how bad it was in his case & pushing through. Which in the end made it significantly worse.

3 Likes