#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

No i don’t. That’s why i was asking the question. If they pulled him when they knew there was an issue then i’m wondering why people are being critical. What other steps could they have taken?

Well, gosh.
Sorry to bring you some truth but 90% of players are carrying something.

What gives you the idea that its Joes fault?

Bit unfair on Daniher to suggest that its him without evidence.

The club were aware there was an issue and the responsibility should be with them to take the conservative approach.

It’s been stated as such IIRC

Club was conservative as per how they went about it through the 17/18 preseason with him.

1 Like

I’m well aware. Carrying soreness like Hepp and playing with an injury are quiet different. I ask again though, what could the club have done differently? Should those 90% of players you mention all be pulled from the game?

I would be interested in seeing the article.

Then shouldn’t the same benefit of doubt be given to the club?

I didnt get the impression they were confident at all… If anything, I felt they made it pretty clear that they didnt know how long it would take cause they had to see how his body responded.

1 Like

Nope but, as the plagiarist said; your words, not mine.
They all play sore.
I’m pretty sure Hurley plays every single game with an injury.

To answer your question, obviously, what the club could have done differently is not played him.
But that’s pretty facetious.
What matters is whether that would have helped.

No, not the same.
Daniher isn’t a doctor.

So again, those 90% of players you mentioned that are carrying something should not be played? People love to complain and ■■■■ can the club every chance they get.

As Wimmera pointed out, clubs play players sore all the time.

It is their call to take the risk and therefore accept responsibility if it goes bad.

Considering the history of OP in the family maybe they should have been ultra conservative.

the reality is, even us supporters could recognize he was severely hampered by injury and yet he was continually being played.

That on face value looks to be down to the injury management team.

1 Like

Again, no.
Are you deliberately missing my point?

You were apparently gobsmacked that a club would ask a player to play sore.
I’m saying that’s the reality for pretty much the entire league.

2 Likes

No article

As mentioned IIRC stated here from people connected to the club.

Players have a responsibility to speak up about injuries both for their own health but also for the good of the team. You can’t be selfish although when it comes to finals players often can be.

JD as we know just loves playing footy & wants to be out there. They wouldn’t have been putting him out there if he wasn’t saying I’m fine to play (which he wasn’t, at least not at level req’d).

His lack of output on game day and likely not training properly mid week though you’d think should have had him taken out of playing earlier though.

1 Like

If the players are making those decisions then we are in bigger trouble than I first thought.

I know players play sore. Point taken. I should have said injured. I’m still a little unsure of where the line is drawn on letting these guys play. Is it possible that it was just as much Joe’s fault? People are constantly complaining about the club ■■■■■■■ this up when there are so many factors involved.

Playing those three games in 10(?) days - yep that was not good… by anyone.

4 Likes

This is the point i was trying to make. Albeit not very clearly.

There are a couple of people here who 100% think it’s Joe’s fault.

Now this is just my opinion, but if that’s true then save the money, ■■■■ off the people responsible for identifying medical issues and just let the players decide if they’re okay.

It’s their friggin’ job!
Footballers are paid to play football, and to work through pain.
Not identify O friggin’ P.

1 Like

I agree with your opinion but i don’t think it’s that black and white. I’m not saying i think it’s Joe’s fault either. It’s just that we don’t know. So blaming Joe or the club seems pointless.