#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Surely they’re using a stunt double @alex.f.94 ?

9 Likes

Thanks for update
Pants creaming commenced

2 Likes

Well that is surprising and pleasing news.

1 Like

Heres the tweet. Sounds encouraging.

2 Likes

I’d be surprised if played Rnd 1 and could scarcely care less if he doesn’t. Far more important that he’s fit and firing come Rnd 23 and (hopefully) beyond than getting up for Rnd 1.

2 Likes

He looked good - like I’ve been saying for a few weeks.
Expecting him to be ready round 1.

18 Likes

All the worry, all the panic $$$$, the following might be a plausible explanation. At some point around mid-season 2018, the club would have made the target Round 1 2019, so an extended recovery process was decided using the “just in time” principle. Why peak the guy before Christmas so BomberBlitz is kept happy? Invest in strengthening exercises in the gym for 6+ months while maintaining an aerobic fitness base. Gradually introduce game simulation drills in a build up over 12 weeks culminating in a build up towards match fitness in the last 4 weeks.

On the other hand, maybe the club is just stumbling along with no plan, other than “lets see how it plays out”, in which case : continue in panic mode.

Gee there are some panic merchants on here…

It was never in doubt, Round 1 for sure.

Lock it in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not sure what all the fuss was about…

1 Like

Match simulation and full contact training in January for Joe is far better news than some were predicting. This latest progression is as positive as it is pleasantly surprising.

3 Likes

It’ll be interesting to see how Joe pulls up after this week.

I’m guessing the club will still be very cautious with him, but good signs.

1 Like

I agree. It shouldn’t be a surprise that he has stepped up from his light rehab work to some real drills and 20min of match simulation. What I would expect now is him to do bugger all for the rest of the week, and go again maybe next week. They won’t be loading him up at all, and it will still be painfully careful progress I expect.

1 Like

Unless he has a setback from here why would it be a surprise if he’s doing match sim work now? It’s still nearly 7.5 weeks til round 1

Just expect that they’ll still take an ultra conservative route with him. Slowly upping his loads before dropping them back again. Then increasing a little more before dropping back. And so on until he’s doing full uninterrupted training and full intensity without easing off. Just my opinion or vague expectation.

2 Likes

Hmmmm.
Arousing.

2 Likes

Lightly fried maybe?

JD will play round 1.

Unfortunately he’ll then miss the next 4 rounds with a hamstring.

3 Likes

I think you missed Jayden Laverde somewhere in that sentence.

3 Likes

Early onset hamstring, so should only be 2 weeks.