#6 Joe Daniher - drank a beer

Great awareness, collecting the spillage. Standing up in the contest while others collapse in a heap, impressive. Looks filled out, stronger. Doesn’t look hampered, fluid (not rigid) movement - unlike last year this time. Steady progress it seems. Still feels like round 1 is too early though, but the medical / fitness team know what they’re doing

7 Likes

Is that on Hurls too? God help all the other defenders in the AFL.

“Jake still rolling with the bucket hat, FMD, someone better have a word”

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/uploads/default/original/3X/1/1/11bdaf95176034d6e06855a2fc16c2937215ddd3.jpeg

4 Likes

“Hey, you guys 100 metres down the field… watch out, I’m going to have a shot.”

1 Like

Com pu pu pu pu pu pu pu pu pu pu pu computer games

3 Likes

He has really filled out, definitely not looking like a baby giraffe anymore. Watch out.

2 Likes

“Don’t worry about the Scum or Rage. I was watching Heat last night. Media surveillance can’t fly over because of the Tulla flight paths”.

1 Like

Joey progressing so well they’re even thinking he’s a possibility for JLT

1 Like

“They’re” is a stretch, it’s just Bellchambers.

Better than the “no one” that we had previously.

Glad we are getting that kind of positivity about Joey rather than the standard line which indicated their was no timeframe.

4 Likes

He’s been involving himself in match sim already. Played a quarter/half? a week or so ago etc.

So a half of JLT doesn’t seem unlikely

1 Like

Can’t wait to see JoeyD out there again. Him and Smack clunking til the early morn.

4 Likes

And Joe.
That’s two.

Being a touch more serious there’s another strategic reason, aside from a fit & firing Joe, to get at least a part of preseason game time.
That is, if we can believe Belly, the club is contemplating playing two ruckman, as well as Joe.
Would definitely want to check & test this in preseason, not spring it on in Round 1.

COOKED. PULLED PORK STYLE COOKED.

1 Like

I think you can reasonably test that theory by playing one of our other talls in place of Joe.

A Smack / Zlarke combo, or even a Smack / Brown combo would give an indication (depending on who your 2nd ruckman is).

Naturally, we’d all like to see JoeD play, and completely forget about 2018s woes.

Belly strongly implied such a two rucks plan would only work with Joe.
Assuming that’s because of his combination of mobility & pack marking.
Brown has mobility
Smack has pack marking

Off to the best 22 Thread to play with this concept.

I think he’d be more talking about fact if JD was in side we would not play a genuine 2nd ruck.

It would only work if he isn’t there because we’d be against having 2x 200cm+ players in the fwd line

And JD more than capable of being a 2nd ruck

1 Like

Reread Belly interview - definitely with Joe
See my new Best 22

Joey’s progress is looking very encouraging, and it’s obviously going to be great to see him back. But, at least for me, there is going to be that constant concern of his injury flaring up. We’ve been there with Hirdy 97-99 and Winderlich. No much you can really do other than monitor it, adjust rest and loads as needed, and hope for the best. Hopefully in 2019 we are in a better position to deal with this stuff.

7 Likes

Somebody’s trying to be funny after posting non stop negative bulls.hit in this thread.

4 Likes