#6 The Joe Dan Thread - the bit between Diggers trolling us and THE RETURN

I’m dirty on Joe

But even more dirty on the club still

Whatever spirit we had at the end of 2018 is gone…which is a shame because we were playing great footy then with no JoeDan then

Club feels even more soul less than it already did this year, which is surprising because we thought the club had hit rock bottom vs the dogs, then again vs west coke in the final, or maybe it was losing to the bottom placed team for the 6th time in a row

Either way, carlol was right, this club is ■■■■■■.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware you were privilege to the full details of the offer Sydney are making to Joe. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No player in the history of the game has ever said they left for money but as I have pointed out previously the Swans need a high profile forward they can sell to the Sydney media. Its what they have continually done since Plugga & they know that Buddy is at or extremely close to the end. Grundy, McVeigh & Jack all retired & they just finished 15th - they need hope to sell. This is why I firmly believe the offer will be significantly higher than anything we could or should counter. Thats not to say I believe everything at the club is all hunky dory. I will always believe the club mismanaged his injury & internal fighting in the club is something I’ve been told from a source I trust so I believe his reasons for wanting out could be a mix of many factors.

1 Like

Won’t play Round 1 for em and not because of the injury but because he will still be stuck in traffic from Sydney airport

8 Likes

If Edelsten still owned Sydney he’d fly Daniher into the SCG in his pink helicopter.

3 Likes

There’s been nothing in the media re Sydney’s contract offer to Daniher has there? Unusual.

You can catch a train from Sydney airport.

And its not stuck out in the sticks. :wink:

In fact Joe can be sunning himself on Bondi Beach with an ex miss universe in 20 min after touching down.

1 Like

Can’t believe he legit wore a hood and a hat to conceal his identity, when it was just a ‘chat with a mentor’.

11 Likes

and in sydney of all places where no one there would know who the fark he was…

In disguise, in an anonymous city but still somehow got caught! He’s really not the sharpest tool in the shed.

2 Likes

Well, if it was a legit catch up, why does he need a disguise?

You hear on the radio for the last 2 day there is debate about Joe,if essendon Don’t trade him in 2019. he will be a restricted free agent after 2020, it mean that swan has the first bid, then essendon last bid ,if Joe reject essendon bid ,he can walk to swan for free, But he would go into the draft in 2021 first (true or false

If we chose to match and he rejected Swans would then have opportunity to trade for him.

If no trade achieved he could either stay or go into 2020 draft.

Technically he could then get to them at their first pick but only if no other clubs selected him.

Unlikely.

Definitely no walking to them for free, unless of course we chose to NOT match.

He will get traded this year.

1 Like

Love JD.

But seems very unlikely he will stay, given the reports.

What i will say is. He is no doubt worth the points of a pick 1. He is a true match winner.

What woukd fair compensation look like. Would Florent and a first round pick get a deal over the line?

If the GCS finish last in 2020 they can draft him first

Would love Florent as part of the trade but he would have to want out and i think he has just re-commited to a long term contract.

I already miss the irrational, emotional rants that were found in abundance, in the previous Daniher thread.

1 Like

We have enough run and gun mids.

We need some inside grunt like Luke Parker

No, if he somehow was still at EFc at the end of next year then we have the option to match any bid Sydney make or we let him go as a RFA & we get a compo pick directly after our 2020 1st pick. There is also the option that Joe after being at the club an extra year isn’t a complete kent about it & requests that Sydney offer fairer trade (like Dangerfield did). The downside for Sydney waiting until next year is that if they get him as a free agent then they are locked into his contract against their cap even if he breaks down. Lets say they offer 1M per year for 5 years (an offer we couldn’t match) then they have to show that against their cap even if he only plays 2 years. Its a safety measure to prevent clubs claiming a massive offer to prevent it being matched.

1 Like

That is an extremely accurate account of Essendon 2007 - 2015.

I’m not sure what you mean by the last bit, but if you mean that you no longer support the club, then I part company at that point. Which is not to say that I think the club is currently on the right track. I don’t.

@diggers still loves us.

Sydney as a regularly successful club provides him some sanity.

The rest of us repeatedly almost go cold turkey on the game, before withdrawals hit and we go again. Just for even more disappointment.

Essendon is now Melbourne or StKilda.

We are no longer Hawthorn or anything like Sydney or West Coast. You know regularly successful clubs.