#7 Leroy Jetta

yeah deserves more chances, we need a quick pick pocket player like him either way, unless we find someone like that in the draft then may as well have him playing.

his problem seemed to be fumbling and indecision, waiting for other players to get the ball out for him.

I actually believe our skills and psychology is an issue. because we have a lot of players who could be playing as good as the top 6 teams, but aren't.

Monfries goes to Port and suddenly he plays career best football.

I dunno. Good luck to him.

Have a close look at Angus; he looks fitter than he ever was at the Bombers, and he takes marks first grab.  Maybe he is living at home with his Mom.

It's not like Monfries never played the standard of footy he has played this year at Essendon. His form in 2011 was pretty comparable. I could never understand the criticism of Gus. He was, and still is, a damn fine player. And at 26, you would expect him to be at the peak of his powers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWzZH9DnFfY  24 second mark, sums up Jetta's career down to a T, Nick Kommer would not have stuffed that

Hopefully we can get a decent pick for him.

http://youtu.be/9Eebrqi9Vkc

It's there somewhere. We'll just never see it.

Defended him for so long but I'm fkg fed up. Enter Cory.

It must also be said that I think clubs would rate him higher than Blitzers do. Reckon we could get a pick in the late 40's for him.

I'd forgotten those goals, reckon Leroy has too.

i liked the bit where dal santo got out of watson's way. also remember BJ being seriously cranky that night.

http://youtu.be/9Eebrqi9Vkc

It must also be said that I think clubs would rate him higher than Blitzers do. Reckon we could get a pick in the late 40's for him.

You really think that Dell will step up?
Personally I think that the small forward role is on the way out. I think teams are looking more for midfielders who can rest up forward instead. It seemed that was what TRB were trying to turn Leroy into, and for what it's worth I think he would have been brilliant. Damned if I know what happened.
It's just my opinion but that's the way the game seems to be heading. I like the idea too, it means that Carlton are stuck with 3 spuds in Garlett, Yarran and Betts.

Took a ■■■■■■ big step this season, unfortunately it was in the wrong direction. Maybe lacking on confidence, but to me he didn't look interested, involved, motivated or convincing. Should not play senior football again at EFC. 

The EFC thanks Leroy for his time at the club and wishes him all the best for his future whatever that may hold.

Jetta was on fire in the first half of that game. Then Steven Baker went to him, Jetta soiled himself, and he didn't touch it for the remainder of the match.

the worst thing is...he's not even quick.

I despised him in 2012 for allowing that renowned hard-man Bachar Houli to dance around him.  He did absolutely nothing in 2013 to change my mind.  He's been on our list for *seven* years (count 'em people...) based on potential and this year somehow managed to go backwards. 

Supposedly he was good in the twos this year (though in the couple of games I went to he couldn't have looked less interested if he tried), but managed to fluff his lines every time he was promoted - he was a spectator in the ones every time. 

That makes him your classic Peter Cransberg type (i.e. too good for twos, not good enough for ones) for mine - a list-clogger who should be moved on immmediately. 

Shocking indictment on Peter Cransberg: he was a more than very handy player until  he was injured.

I have NEVER seen anyone who could take the ball with one grab than Cransberg. Even in the wet, like the  game at Waverley against Collingwood in 1990.

If Jetta had played in any of his games like Cransberg played in any of his, this site would be a whole lot happier.

And back on topic, how much longer can the Jetta faithful defy gravity, hoping that somehow this eighth season will yield any more than the previous years did?

The main reason EFC drafted him was as a stable pony, but this is a luxury we can no longer afford.

He is contracted for next year. I think he’s done, but it will be interesting to see what happens if they can’t arrange a trade.

he didn’t have a good year but I think he’ll still be around next year

Leroy Jetta 2 awesome Goals.

Yep, that about sums him up.

Why the ■■■■ did we contract him for 2014??

jetta has always been one of those players i keep hoping will click , just seems to try too hard these days , no natural confidence on gameday ....  i think he pressures himself to much

plus  keeping his feet seems to be a big issue

id love to see him when inside 50 just go for goal and build that im better than you (opposition ) attitude instead of looking around

sounds good on paper kommer , davey  , jetta , winders ,  harrasing slow backmen , mopping up chaos balls

at the moment im 60/40 on him staying at the club , but stay or go wont upset me either way atm

May have requested a trade

May have requested a trade

May be graciously obliged.