#7 Zerrett in the beginning

He won’t feel lucky getting booed at our home games the rest of his career.

Just watched the footage again.

Merrett’ whole torso was open to be bumped. Douglas had the option of bumping him anywhere on the body and chose to bump the head and shoulders.

He could have easily aimed above the hips, and there wouldn’t even be a conversation about this.

Just watching the replay now myself and I think its a week also.

He chose to bump and Merrett was in a vulnerable position.

The holding the ball decision a minute before Merrett gave him a clip over the back of the head when he was down so its one all and no case to answer.

1 Like

Cotchin got off

You mean the week before a grand final?

You can commit murder in a prelim and get off

Didn’t know the rule book said the criteria is different before a grand final.

I just hate everyone from Adelaide. ■■■■ city.

Watching the official footage it’s clear to me at least some initial contact was made to the head. If initial contact was made only to the bicep or shoulder Zach’s head would have kept moving in the same direction after contact before bouncing back later. Instead you see his head change direction almost instantly indicating direct or at least simultaneous contact to the head. (This may be beneficial for his neck)
Zach’s a tough kid but I hope he doesn’t cop many more of these.

1 Like

Hi, welcome to AFL. We hope you enjoy your stay.

5 Likes

Yes the rule is:

The player, if found guilty, will be suspended*

*unless he plays for Sydney or a club the AFL wants to win a “fairytale” flag.

10 Likes

Will the club be conservative with him this week, and rest him for Freo game?

doubt it.

1 Like

Surely he’s right to go this week?

He himself may not be too worried about getting hit, but it’s clear he’s being targeted. He ought to wear a helmet just for safety’s sake. If he gets the right one he’ll get used to it quickly enough and everyone can breathe easier.

1 Like

dear god tell me you’re not suggesting he’s being target for head knocks?

Frankly I could believe it. I thought it was very loose of woosh to say he suffers from migraines after JLT a few weeks back. Gross breach of privacy frankly but also needlessly puts him at risk of being targeted because of it. There are still plenty of legal ways to accidently on purpose hit people in the head in this game.

Thought it was a ■■■■■■ good hit on Merrett, something we don’t see enough of in the game IMO.

except that it got him in the head and left him spitting blood from his mouth and concussed…

5 Likes

Well, I don’t think they went in during the long break and the leadership group suddenly had this brainwave… but hitting the opposition’s best player has always been a good “tagging” technique.

In this case it was very likely a personal targeting, for getting dunked in and after the tackle.