#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Waiting for us to be fined for bringing the longest kick competition into disrepute for entering Zac. Would have liked Hartley to show up Ben Griffiths who is giving NFL punting a crack.

What happened in the longest kick? I must have been out of the room and missed it.

Not sure anyone gave AF, … didn’t see anything but the footy myself.

Gunston won it.

Came like 8th. Gunston won it.

His kick was 46m into a wind and finished probably 8th of about 13. Gunston was the winner with about 66m.

We should have asked Fletch to go into the comp. He would have killed it or Hartley.

Why would Fletch have killed Hartley?

2 Likes

Doesn’t like that there’s a very slight chance he may actually one day kick further than him if he learns to hit a torp.

There can be only one, … you know this.

I didn’t day he would have killed Hartley they are the two best long kickers of the ball we have had in a long, long, time. Fletcher would still be a good kicker of the ball. It is in his unconscious, conscious, memory. because muscles have memory. Either one of them could have killed that longest kick comp, I think.

Sure you did.

1 Like

Yes I did but not mean it in that context.

You realise I’m ■■■■■■■ with you, right?

3 Likes

Yep and thanks I’m up for it. After all, its a long time until next season we’ve got to do something with our time. I’m up for a big of argy bargy.

1 Like

Where would Deckham be without the joys of the English language.

Is that a question?
It sounded like a question.

5 Likes

I dunno :smile:

1 Like

With talk on todays training thread, get the feeling Merrett has ambitions of being regarded as the best player at the club before his career is done. Shiel coming through the door has added another layer of competition that has sharpened his focus. Reckon Merrett will take his game to another level next year and not just with kicking more goals as he said. He’s super serious and on a mission for ultimate team success.

6 Likes

I reckon you’re right.
Smith & Shiel, not to mention the upcoming Parish & Pidge make for stiff competition and he knows it.

Now we can just call him Merrett.

10 Likes