#7 Zerrett in the beginning

I have never understood why he doesn’t get tagged week in week out.

If is on we nearly always win and we always struggle when he is tagged

Probably the flow on effect from Shiel’s recruitment. Shiel has some pretty close attention paid to him on the weekend but worked his way through it beautifully. The midfield bats deep now. Merrett, Shiel, Parish, Heppell, Zaharakis, Stringer, Walla, McGrath etc all go through there. It’s something we haven’t had for a long time.

4 Likes

That was best football I’ve seen from him since 2017. Really attacked the game. More please

3 Likes

He certainly adhered to the gameplan.

4 Likes

10 coaches votes.

Well deserved Zachy

4 Likes

AFL team of the week

3 Likes

And his brother Jackson is 6th wow… oh wait that’s Macrae…

Sounded like the chick who does the Saturday night wrap up with Brad Johnson and Dermie on Fox footy. Can’t remember her name.

And now top 20 in the coaches votes.

A big finish to the season could see him nab a place on the AA team bench IMO.

2 Likes

Also sitting 8th in the league for total disposals.

Think his season is a little underrated up to this point. Is a bit of victim of his own high standards plus the enormous jump in defensive game styles this year…we’re critical that he’s not hitting the same kicks as he used to but realistically it’s a lot harder compared to 2017.

1 Like

16th for tackles and 4th for pressure acts too. Pressure has clearly been a focus for him.

4 Likes

Sarah Olle…she did sound like her.

1 Like

I remember watching Mark Mercuri in 1999 just playing amazing footy, games where you just know he was on, Merretts game on the weekend just gone gave me that same awesome feeling where you just know he is killing it.

2 Likes

Has to be injured. No way do you start Zerrett in the goal square with 30 seconds to go and game on the line.

He was handpassing to the opposition all day, so maybe the coaches thought that was the safest place to have him?

4 Likes

WTF was up with him today. Was TERRIBLE.

2 Likes

did he cop a head knock last week?

I hate the negative comments on Zach.

The guys a gun, would be leading or 2nd in the bnf. Has 27 touches, a couple of nasty clangers but so be it.

Having a ripper year. Well done Zach

4 Likes

Been a long time since he played a 4 qrt game.

He goes missing in games.

1 Like