#7 Zerrett in the beginning

Couple of times struggled when he was on his wrong foot. Don’t recall him being so one sided in his first couple of years. Would use his right on occasion but not so any more.

19 votes when we win 3 games; I’m expecting roughly 35 votes this year #brownlow

2 Likes

Really just astonished at some of the things he does. I personally dont think we’ve had a player with this much class since Mercuri. And he gets it a ton as well.

1 Like

No chance for mine.

Said it many times and will say it again, merrett will be (is) betterthan bonti by the time they finish

2 Likes

You can see the players look for him in tricky situations knowing he can pull off the next kick.

Can’t call him a kid anymore. He’s a nightmare for opposition tactics and I don’t think he can be nullified not now because we have too many young guys to step into the breach.

The opposition can try, but even if they can limit his effectiveness, it is at the cost of freeing up other players who will also be damaging. Other teams might be able to keep him down for a while, but no way can they contain his influence for long.

1 Like

I was on stadium, was clear to me that they didn’t tag Zach in the 1st half. Langford was actually tagging Jobe, then the 2nd half they put Mitchell on Zach I think.

Still a good game he was everywhere! Good start for the year:

Round 1 - 2 votes I reckon.

He’ll be AA again this year. House on it.

Again? Should’ve been last year but corruption would suggest otherwise

5 Likes

Holy ■■■■ this kid’s vision! How he can spot a bullet pass through the middle so quickly is beyond me!

1 Like

Brownlow

1 Like

Zerrett is a gun… quite happily label him elite.

Last night showed the strength of our midfield though… Zerrett running crazy but the ‘tag’ was still on Watson in the first half… so they tried to switch it up and Watson bobs up with 3 clearances in five minutes… so they swtich it back… and Zerrett does the same.

With Watson, Zerrett, Parish and Heppell… honestly one of them will get off the chain every week… opposition coaches won’t know where to put the hard or soft tags… all four are absolute cream and can destroy you in ten minutes.

This kid has ‘it’… will go down as an all time great by the end of his career. And no one works harder either… always last one to leave.

2 Likes

How ■■■■■■ comfortable is he in the congested stuff?

1 Like

His bullet passes off a step into the middle that open up the game and butcher zones are ■■■■■■ unreal

3 Likes

The great thing is, if Hep gets tagged then Zerrett runs free like the first half, but if Zerrett’s tagged then Hep can run free. We’ve put ourselves in a position where we always have one elite mid free and other very good mids running on the outside.

You can’t really see anyone taking points off dusty though. Zach has to compete with heppell, watson and to an extent darcy.

Looked to me like Shiel went to him after half time. Still had 11 touches in 2nd half. What it did do was completely release heppell who had about 20 in the 2nd half.

Our midfield bats very deep now, can’t contain them all.

1 Like

Then there’s zaharakis that may Bob up if he isn’t being tagged either. I love it. We have depth that by getting tagged won’t entirely shut us down.