#7 Zerrett in the beginning

I watched him during the warmup. He is 100% not fit. Hands on hips, looked puffed before the 1st bounce.

I reckon he must have had gastro or the flu or something.

I mentioned this in the team announcement thread - he was named on the bench, which i know means jack all, but it never happens!

I suspect he was under a sickness cloud and wanted to see if would get up or not.

Me thinks he should have had the week off.

1 Like

No Merret = no Essendon.

He’s got less than 30 possessions 5 times this year and we’ve lost them all.

Carlton
Freo
Richmond
GWS
Brisbane

If Merret doesn’t play well we lose.

Beat me by one post, … it is something that came to mind today.

2 Likes

Much like no Sloane = no Adelaide

Would have loved a bit more support in breaking the tag from our other mids to help Zachy

Need to develop his right foot because he is so one sided it’s not funny

1 Like

Totally overrated spud… delist.

2 Likes

Merrett has enough credit in the bank for me to say something must have been up with him. Four possessions to half time is so out of the ordinary that he must have had something wrong with him.

Did not cover the ground very well.
Probably just a little tired carrying the team all year!
Champ

At the game it seemed like he spent a LOT of time on the bench.

Back end of the 2nd term he was certainly off for a while.

Had no choice with the final clearance as he was surrounded with no space.

His season has been over-rated which is mainly because of the role he is playing. Too many possessions in the back half, though he has played more forward in the last 4 weeks.

I’ll give him a pass for yesterday because he’s been excellent all year. Is it too much to ask that we don’t fall apart completely without him?

2 Likes

I actaully think his year has been underrated.

His possessions are mcuh more deadly this year, he is going for the aggressive kicks, and he is always working hard to assist the defenders, and getting more R50’s this year than last. He is also getting just as many I50’s this year which shows he is really working around the whole ground.

Needs to kick more goals. But he is out and out our only A grade mid.

He is only 21 don’t forget!

7 Likes

Agree. It’s a major worry that when he has a quite game the whole midfield falls apart. Where are his more senior teammates helping spread the load?

The kid is working his tail off, but is getting very little help from anyone else.

Nice stat. You should be one of those people that talks about stats on one of those shows about stats.

Been getting the hard hard tag in recent weeks.

Came back strong today despite playing just over 3 quarters.

Not getting the kick outs from defence in space like he has been so has to find ball in many other ways.

Great comeback - first step in learning to really break the tag and become untaggable.

His first touch when he came back on was class and almost signal for the rest of the boys.

3 Likes

Team lost their way a bit when he went down. Came back on and things got good again.

1 Like